Sunday, October 25, 2015

Use Those Leaf Stamps (and a grocery incident)

Hello friends!
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D335380
This stamp set "Handmade with Love" is part of the SSS November Card Kit and
has some lovely images. Other than the apple and pie, there are LEAF stamps! I got so excited when I took all 5 small leaf stamps out to play. 
You already know that I love to stamp wreaths (see here and here).
I decided to create a wreath with this stamp set as well. 
Blessings!
I masked the borders with washi tape and did my stamping with MISTI, especially when I stamped the maple leaves. I chose to stamp only the word "blessing!" from the large sentiment. I always try to avoid cutting up a stamp as much as possible.
 Again, with MISTI, you CAN just stamp the chosen word easily without having to mask or cut up the stamp. Love that!

 I stamped my 2nd card around a die cut circle. Once I could see the circle, I removed the circle die and stamped some more.

Grateful

Again, I left out "so incredibly" and stamped "GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF MY BLESSINGS!". These are not empty words that I stamped, I truly want to FEEL that way....
There was an incident yesterday. My little world was a little shattered. No, nothing really bad happened.

It's just that my groceries were stolen! 

You see, I rarely go to the Chinese grocery store in my city. Plus the recent road construction is driving everyone crazy. So I avoided going because I have to drive 20 minutes to the other side of town to get specific kinds of groceries. But when I do go, I get lots. Yesterday, a sketchy Asian guy took some of my groceries while I was loading the first batch of bags into my car.  I left a batch of bags unattended for 2 minutes. There were stairs in this grocery store and I was on my own and I didn't realize what had happened. When I got home, I noticed that the fish and meat were missing. First, I was so MAD (still kind of am) because I paid and didn't get the items that I set out to get. Guess this guy needs them more than I do. However, it does make me feel grateful...because I can at least buy/afford the groceries. Now I hope this guy who took my food will perhaps get a job that he was desperately searching for, or maybe his luck will turn around. This also reminded me of the character " Jean Valjean" in "Les Miserables" (see here and here) who stole a loaf of bread...
God, please help him.

So now....I truly mean it when I say: "so incredibly grateful for all my blessings".
Thanks for stopping by!  

21 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I like you attitude! Your blessings card, the top one, is fabulous!

Keren Baker said...

Aww- those things are annoying- good on you for seeing the positive side too.
Love that leafy card! x

Brandi said...

Absolutely amazing cards! Love the designs, colors and leaf set!

Glenda said...

God is honored by your sharing the way you have worked through this. May he bless you for that soft heart! Love the cards and the subtle colors you have chosen. Now I need the stamp set!

~amy~ said...

These are wonderful Virginia!

Janice P Ellis said...

So beautiful, as always, Virginia! I love them! Love how you did the top card with the masking and the Misti. Going to try that technique. Sorry about what happened with your groceries. Difficult to know if he was desperate or just did it for monetary gain. But, love how you chose to view it.

conil said...

Like the route you took to cool your anger and disappointment. So much more postive to make cards because you're grateful for what you have that others don't. And what lovely cards they are. Those sweet leaves in all those glorious colors would make any one grateful that they have a friend like you who would sent them such a card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Honesly Virginia it wasn't me--lol I am grateful that you are turning a cheek (even though you are still mad) to this and seeing that maybe this was a person in need, no excuse but maybe deperate. Your cards are all beautiful my friend!

LauraJane:) said...

This is why we LOVE YOU Virginia!! Even in an unhappy incident you are positive:). Way to create beauty to rid yourself of the frustrations at hand.

Harriet said...

Wonderful cards, Virginia, colorful and meaningful greeting. I am sorry to read of your grocery experience. That's never happened to me .. I appreciate your attitude. Perhaps the man really needed the food, if so I hope he enjoyed it. We live in times that are difficult for many people and need to remind ourselves to count our blessings and turn the other cheek. As I fall off my soap box, I just want to tell you that your attitude is wonderful and made my day.

Nancy K said...

You are a beautiful person with a beautiful heart, my friend! Your forgiving attitude toward this man is a wonderful example. Lovely cards! Many blessings to you.

Barb Ghig said...

Two really beautiful cards...WOW! I don't know how you do it, but your creativity never ceases to amaze me...Seriously!

I know this incident made you angry, but you have such a wonderful outlook, Virginia! Maybe his children had the first decent meal in a very long time...who knows? I just hope God points him in the right direction, so he doesn't need to do that again ~ Hugs to you!

mimijudy1975 said...


You have the sweetest attitude of any person I know.That's such a kind way to look at it. I think I would be thinking about having to go back to the store again. I really feel sorry for him if he actually needed the food.
I love your fall wreath with all the different colors. You have mastered the Misti . Thank you for telling us how you made it. Both cards are lovely.

Shona Chambers said...

I hope the man who took your food really appreciated your taste in the types of fish and meat you had selected!! I would have been very upset because we don't have much money and every penny counts in our household. However, I would have thought the same, that if someone is cheeky enough to do that in broad daylight, they must need it more than I do. So very sad that people are in those positions......

Marcie Sharp said...

I think that you have a great attitude concerning the unhappy grocery incident. Your cards are gorgeous!

Kristen said...

Love this card!

Kelly Szafron said...

Beautiful cards, thanks for sharing them. Sorry to hear your groceries were stolen, upsetting experience! You handled it well.

Kara Lynne said...

What a beautiful attitude you have towards your own personal "Jean Valjean"! Wonderful leaf stamping, Virginia! You are getting the most out of your MISTI!

Lisa said...

Beautiful stamping Virginia, these are just fabulous! Such a shame that your groceries were taken, but your attitude is a good one. Seems he must have been very desperate to do something so bold in broad daylight. Hopefully he will ask God for forgiveness and be able to find employment. Maybe when he does he'll do a good deed for someone remembering what he did to you.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! Especially love that first one with the masking, and sorry about your groceries. I would be mad too, but I'm glad that you're not dwelling on it in a bad way but thinking about the blessings instead.

Taunya Butler said...

You are such a beautiful soul!! Love your cards and you just make me smile!!