Thursday, October 1, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #19

This is a re-post of Virgina's View Challenge 

 Happy October!
I am super excited to bring you another month of new inspiration. This theme is going to be so popular because you all do it, you all love it....you all crave for it (no, it's not coffee..or sex...)!
you all COLOR it!
We live, breathe and SEE colors every day and we thrive on colors! 
 In the last few months, adult coloring books have exploded in popularity across North America. Currently, four of the top 20 bestselling books on Amazon are coloring books, some having sold more than a million copies. 

Here is the list of the coloring books/supplies that are available over Simon Says Stamp. 
This article is a great guide to the most popular adult coloring books.

This August, my family and I visited London (UK) and Norway and I couldn't help but notice the presence of an abundant choice of coloring books. I snapped these photos myself! Notice the Norwegian coloring books (top left)? And even the Norwegian toilet paper come in colors! In London, coloring books have great presence in the Tate Modern Museum and Selfridges!
 Here is my take on this challenge.
we appreciate you
I inked up the Altenew Wild Hibiscus in Khaki and applied Zig markers with water. I stamped the sentiment in Brilliance Gold. I finished the card with the gold twines and sequins. Done!  

I hope that you will join the fun and get those copic markers, watercolors, color pencils...out to play. I can't wait to  see what you create! For all the details of this challenge, please visit here
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, those flowers are so colourful and pretty, look forward to the inspiration for this fun challenge, Cathy x

Anita in France said...

Bright, vibrant and completely gorgeous, Virginia ... and what a brilliant theme for this month's challenge ... looking forward to playing! Hugs, Anita :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Thanks for the laugh right off the bat Virginia!!
Love the new challenge, your prompt is great and your card beautiful!!
Hugs~

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving those flowers! I need to get that set! Those look like great coloring books too!

Keren Baker said...

You do colouring so beautifully- this card is just lovely. Perfect colouring and I love those colouring books- have got some of my kids into the books- so soothing and therapeutic x

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous - I LOVE colouring in... I'm keen to get a couple of the books to try. They are very popular here too.