Monday, November 2, 2015

CARDATHON

Hello friends! I have TWO cards to share today....
If you like the "Stamp a Wreath" theme, this post is for you!
I am excited and honored to be the guest designer for Cardathon. My dear friend  Alexandra and her friends over Scrap Rendez-Vous invited me to do a sketch AND a card for their challenge!
About Cardathon:
This event features a different card maker every single day during the month of November. The guest designer shares an original sketch + card on the theme of Christmas / the Winter Holidays. The idea is to encourage and inspire ScrapRDV's readers to create their own cards while getting to know other 
fellow card-makers.
I am really not a sketchy kind of gal, but this was a good chance for me to get out of my comfort zone. So I created a simple sketch and made my card based on the sketch. Here's my take.
most wonderful time of the year
I couldn't help but create a wreath with this sketch. The "Autumn Foliage" from "The Ton Stamp" is full of possibilities. Instead of a Fall wreath, I created a Christmas wreath. I think with
selected images and stamping, it is totally do-able!
After my stamping, I cut out the wreath and popped it up with foam tape.
DSC_0017
The stamping part was really easy to do. However, in order to make this design stand out more, the final touches were crucial. I added Liquid Pearl Droplets and stamped the outlines of the leaves. For complete details on how I stamped the wreath, please click here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After I submitted the first card, I came up with another one! This "Soft Grace" stamp set from Penny Black is more than just snowflakes...I decided to use one of the image to create a wreath. Can you guess when one I used?
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D333242
I also gold embossed the larger stamp and cut it out and used it as an accent piece.
DSC_0006
I still stuck to the sketch design but did another twist on it.
2015-11 .
Thank you, Alexandra for inviting me. I hope that you stop by Scrap Rendez-Vous and  Alexandra's blog to check out Cardathon.  Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

wow. Your cards are simply beautiful!!!!

Congrats on being a guest designer for Cardathon!

"glow" said...

sweet:) what a gorgeous card! ;) ... just like always... you are a talented guest designer.. thanks for sharing with us all..

alexandra s.m. said...

They are so beautiful Virginia!
Thank You so much for accepting our invitation ;)

conil said...

Both are so gorgeous it's difficult to pick a favorite, so I won't. Love the creativity of stretching those stamps to fit your vision. Awesome wreaths.

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome sketch and your cards are really beautiful, Virginia! I love how played with this stamp set to create your wreaths...both cards are so pretty!

Harriet said...

I really like to make wreath cards and yours are wonderful....thanks for the ideas especially the snowflake wreath---excellent.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ahhh! I love this idea so much! Your cards are stunning as always, off to check out the challenge!

Greta said...

I adore the snowflake wreath, Virginia! I've made one with punches but now you've inspired me to do it with stamps!

Annette Allen said...

WOW these are stunning.. love those wreaths..

Nora N. said...

Oh my!! How stunning are these cards? I LOVE your sketch and your wreaths are DIVINE!!

Lisa said...

Your wreaths are beautiful Virginia!!

Patricia Balourdet said...

Magnificent!!!! I like many what you are doing !!!

Miriam Prantner said...

These wreaths are stunning! Especially that second one, just gorgeous!

Laura Bassen said...

Oh my gosh! Spectacular wreaths!!!! Just stunning!

Sue McRae said...

The snowflake wreath is fantabulously magical!

Debstamps said...

Your wreath stamping is divine my dear--and the spahkle on the snowflake one is absolutely perfect!