Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Coloring Outside the Line

Hello friends!
I am popping in with two more cards from Altenew. This stamp set called "Wild Hibiscus" is just lovely. Needless to say, I had a wild time playing with this set. It has so many floral images that it can get overwhelming. You can check out my previous video about this set here.

I tackled two of the images and these were the results.
not title
With water-coloring (and distress inks), anything is possible.
I love the look of coloring outside the images...kind of artsy-fartsy, eh?
we appreciate you-001

 I also added a bit of textures with gold embossing paste. Speaking of textures, have you checked out the latest Virginia's View challenge? Details are here. Back to the card...
Using the pattern paper also helps brings out the colors in this design. I only wish I have more time in the day... "Wild Hibiscus" is full of possibilities. Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I used a smaller size of card photos than I normally do. I want to spare your sore eyes (wink!). 

18 comments:

Barb said...

Oooo! I love the way these turned out, Virginia! They are both gorgeous! ♥

Rahmat said...

What a beauty Virginia! love the pattern paper back, and gorgeous water colors.

lostinpaper said...

These are 'Oh so Beautiful' Virginia!

Lee-Anne said...

Absolutely stunning, Virginia!

~amy~ said...

beautiful!

Shelly said...

WOW! Stunning!!

Carol McCready said...

Very pretty. Thank you for sharing.

Ruby N said...

they're pretty!

Laura Bassen said...

artsy fartsy has never looked so fantastic!!!

conil said...

Very artsy-fartsy..I love the coloring outside of the image, as well. The gold touches on your second card add a lot of interest.

Happy Dance said...

Very artsy-fartsy! Love the look of these two cards, Virginia. Gorgeous stamps and gorgeous out side the lines watercoloring. The floral dp base is a great touch too. Bev

Harriet said...

Beautiful, Virginia, and yes very artsy. I think Altenew stamps are remarkable, challenging too.

Kara Lynne said...

So beautiful! I have to look back to see your video. These two are gorgeous! I love the idea of the patterned paper to enhance them.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful watercolors, Virginia - and yes, so artsy!!

Michelle said...

A masterpiece! I love this design you've created. Beautiful!

alexandra s.m. said...

So beautiful and artistic Virginia!
I love it when you color outside the lines!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards Virginia!! Love the first one!!

sunshinelouisiana said...

Absolutely artsy-fartsy look, Virginia! They are drop-dead gorgeous! I need to try that!
Hugs,
Sunshine Sharon