Saturday, November 14, 2015

Create a Background with Gelatos

Hello friends!
It has been a while since I used Gelatos (what's thaaaat?)
 ....I know, too many supplies, not enough time. LOL.
Anyways, I thought I'd give my much neglected Gelatos a whirl. I took out a few blue and silver ones and created a mix of colors for the snowy background.

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D333242
This set "Soft Grace" from Penny Black seemed like "the ticket"!

DSC_0055
The key to a fluid background with Gelatos is to make sure that you apply enough water. That way, the streaks of Galatos will not show...unless that is the look that you are going for.

I love the contrast of the white-embossing and the rich blue and teal in the background. I also added a tiny splatter of grey ink. They are not very noticeable and I like them that way.
DSC_0051

Dr. John's last travel post to Norway will be back next Saturday. I made a fun collage of our cruise in case you missed seeing happy travel photos.
You can tell who's the clown in our family...
Thanks for stopping by! 

15 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, the gelatos background is so pretty, Cathy x

"glow" said...

LoVe Love LOve... your gelato background... gorgeous!!!;) thanks for all your gr8 inspiration... so worth it and pop by all the time here.:) but i dont always tell...

Helen Gullett said...

Gorgeous snowy card, Virginia. Thank you for the tips about gelatos. I love my gelatos and playing with them is so much fun!

"glow" said...

I wanted to ask a question for you virginia..i commented earlier but now i am back... if you dont mind could i please know if you used watercolor paper for this look? thanks for your time...sincerely

LauraJane:) said...

SO pretty! You have such a HAPPY Family Virginia:)

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks so much, everyone!
For "glow": Yes, I used watercolor paper! When you apply a fair amount of water, you need to use heavier watercolor paper. I used Canson (140lb)--will add that to the supply list! Sorry about that!

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful card Virginia! Love to see more with gelatos!

conil said...

Those are stunning snowflakes...like that the images are so different. Great choice with the teal/aqua color and, yes, those grey spatters are the perfect touch.

Harriet said...

Your gelato background is spell binging. So beautiful and the snow flakes simply pop.....lovely, lovely. Love David's smile too and am looking forward to visiting Norway. Thank you.

Clare said...

This is just gorgeous!! I LOVE the colors! So very pretty! And that trip looks so fun!

Miriam Prantner said...

The background is just gorgeous, wonderful resist!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card, love the delicate snowflakes!!

Laura Bassen said...

Such an elegant card! Why have I never tried gelatos yet?? so pretty!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous water coloring with your Gelatos, Virginia! Your embossed snowflakes are gorgeous against those pretty shades of blue, and the sentiment is so elegant! Another really stunning Christmas card!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I meant to thank you for sharing those fabulous Cruise photos with us! You have such a beautiful family...both inside and out! I'm looking forward to Dr. John's next post, too :)