Sunday, November 29, 2015

Embossing, Masking and Ink-Smooshing

Hello friends!
I have an important announcement over Virginia's View Challenge--->click here
It took me some time to come to this decision. Today is the day to announce it.

Now, let's get back to normal business here in my blog....
Yes, the title says it all: embossing, masking and ink-smooshing.
http://www.thetonstamps.com/collections/spotlight/products/large-peony-1

This gorgeous stamp "Large Peony" is from The Ton.
you are thoughtful generous

Well, let's take a look at the several techniques that I used, shall we?

1. Embossing: the peony image was first embossed with Platinum Embossing Powder. 
2. Masking: with Elmer's Rubber Cement Fluid, I applied a coat of masking fluid with an old paint brush to create a barrier all around the large peony. Let dry.
3. Ink-smooshing: I applied Zig marker and Spectrum Aqua on a piece of acetate. I then splashed tiny droplets of water. Smooshed the inks to the embossed Peony! Let dry.
 After the surface was dried, I peeled off the mask and then added water-coloring all around the peony (the blue). Lastly, I stamped the sentiment and added sequins. I then adhered the image to the pattern paper. It was the most enjoyable creative experience. I think I will do this all again. As an avid stampers, I am ALWAYS looking out for the latest and most creative ways of using stamps. If you like my sharing, please let me know.

If you'd also like to take advantage of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale, the supplies that I used today are worth checking out: MISTI(currently sold out over SSS--boo!) , ZIG markers and Spectrum Aqua Markers. These are my absolutely favorites for 2015!

Today is another chance to get deals over Craftsy.
Craftsy and 
Thanks for stopping by! 


13 comments:

Charlene said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

Dawn Turley said...

totally stunning Virginia. Love the look you achieved with your masking.

lostinpaper said...

Oh so beautiful, I must start smooshing again myself!

LauraJane:) said...

GORGEOUS collage Stamping!!

conil said...

WOW! Gorgeousness. Very impressive smooshing. Love the placement of your sentiment, as well...and your use of patterned paper.

sandie said...

I just love this Virginia. I adore the colours you have used. I have been looking for a large flower stamp for watercolouring just like this. Off to check this one out xx

Harriet said...

So lovely, Virginia, I am quite interested in the "masking" technique you wrote about. Perhaps when time allows, you can define the technique more in depth.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a yummy peony, Virginia - just love the results of your smooshing technique!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love that gorgeous flower, wonderful mix of techniques!

Lisa said...

Absolutely breathtaking Virginia, love this!!

vinita jain said...

Pretty cute flower Virginia! Love the embossing and mixing of all elements so beautifully!

sunshinelouisiana said...

Fantastic job on the smooshing, Virginia! Your card looks gorgeous!

Nora N. said...

Oh wow!! this peony is STUNNING!!! LOVE the mix of techniques that you used on it. A little piece of art!!