Monday, November 16, 2015

Getting THAT Layered Look!

Hello friends! 
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D333633
We are taking a break from sharing my Christmas cards... thought it would be nice to see floral type of cards for a change :)
 One of the most popular trends in stamping in 2015 is getting that layered look!
Layered Flowers just might be the ticket!
DSC_0030 (1)
I started with lightest color when stamping the flower petals. There is no right or wrong about it. It is simply my preference. I feel that if I stamp the lightest, it is easier to add the darker shades after. Also, it is much easier to compose the design.
Thank You
 I also stamped the Basic Stripes in Hero arts Platinum on top. Basic Stripes is one of the most versatile stamp set that you can have. Stripes help balance the composition and also helps define the sentiment.I hope to play some more with this stamp set. It is not the easiest set to use, but it is SO satisfying when you are happy with the result.


Lastly, Craftsy has a NEW class in case you want to check it out.
 Bright Ideas: Mixed Media for Every Project
You can find all the paper-crafting classes here.
The classes with big discount can be found here. 
Thanks for stopping by!



15 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card. I love that set and I start with the lightest shade as well.

Suchi said...

Such a beautiful card Virginia...love the layered look! :)
Suchi xx

Donna said...

Gorgeous colour palette. I suck at stamping, but I will persevere and appreciate any and all tips shared :)
MISTI is finally coming to the UK. Mine's on order. Hopefully this will help!!!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Virginia. Layered florals are so pretty.

Brenda said...

I do find those layering stamps a challenge, I still need to practice a lot. I love your card though and that embossed stripe at the top is beautiful!

Noreen Fontana said...

I love these cards! Thought I really like making Fall cards and cards for the holidays, my favorite is always flower cards. Yes, I'm an old lady, but they are just beautiful. The colors are just gorgeous. XO

conil said...

Don't we all need a break from Christmas Cards. This was a great one for you...it's lovely. Combining those two sets made for a gorgeous card.

Harriet said...

Lovely card Virginia. I, too, go light to dark when using layered stamps. I need more practice because I often have a very hard time "seeing" where I'm supposed to stamp. That's the fun though because when I am successful...wow am I happy.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous and happy card! I so needed to see that ;)
Thanks Virginia~

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layered stamping! I love the colors/shades you chose!

Lisa said...

Oh how pretty!! Love the strip of gold along the top!

Deepti said...

This is sooooo pretty ! I love those stripes on the top edge:)

Laura Bassen said...

Love the stripes at the top in contrast to the florals!!! So nice to see a non-christmassy card for a change:)

vinita jain said...

Love the stripe texture along with a sentiment, defined beautifully, a pretty creation, love it!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful layered stamping, Virginia! I love how you stamped the flowers and leaves and your butterfly is so lovely! I also love your striped border along the top...Stunning card!