Saturday, November 21, 2015

I {heart} Paris!

Hello friends!
 As much as we love to live in a comfortable home and safe environment, we cannot ignore what is happening around the world. This past week has been a trying and difficult week in Paris. I constantly monitor the news and happenings in Paris. Like many of you, I was in shock, sad and in disbelief. To calm my mind, what better way to put my anger, sadness and frustration than into my card-making? I made two French-inspired Christmas cards.
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D332113
I took out  Basic Stripes and started to stamp the red and blue interchangeably.
joyeux noel-002
Once I had the entire background stamped, I took out joyeux noel die and made a die cut. I then made another die cut with DCWV Foil paper and placed the die back into my stamped stripes. This Inlaid Diecut is rather easy to do even though the word die is intricate.

So, what to do with the word die from my first card? I made a 2nd card with it! 
NOEL
 The Paris stamp I used is an older one from Stampendous. Unfortunately, SSS no longer carries it. However, I found a similar stamp (also from Stampendous) in my supply link list. I love the Platinum embossing Powder from Hero Arts and the embossed Eiffel Tower image is subtle and rich.  I used just the word "noel" in this. The red and blue strings I used are from the Clearance Bin from my local Michael's.

The last time my family and I were in Paris was 2008. It was one of the best trips ever since it was also my kids' first visit to Paris.
Dr. John will return for his last post about Norwegian Fjords soon.
Meanwhile, let's pray for world peace.
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Niki G said...

Love your Paris inspired work Virginia! Stunning work as always.

Lynn said...

Love, love, love Virginia. Two absolutely beautiful tributes to Paris.

Vikki H, southern Oregon said...

Very, very nice designs and cards! We also last visited France in Sept. 2008.

conil said...

I know exactly how you feel. The events in Paris and all over the globe have sapped the creativity right out of me. You, however, have channeled your feelings into two fabulous cards to honor the French in their time of need...I admire, so much their resilience. My hat's off to you, too. Simply said, I alternate between tears and outrage. Hopefully, I'll get out of this funk soon.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous tribute my Friend!
Your cards are so beautiful and it's so nice to revisit these adorable family pictures !
Merci du fond du coeur!

Harriet said...

Lovely cards, like you we have been saddened by the tragedy in Paris. Perhaps one day we can all live peacefully. Until that day, each of us has to remember that a few don't define the many. My daughter has been to Paris twice and loved every minute of her trips.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two lovely cards supporting Paris, Virginia!

Mandy LaCroix said...

Love these Ms Virginia!

Greta said...

Oh my, Virginia! Brilliantly designed cards--love them both!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards. I especially love the second, the image is gorgeous in gold and I love the fleur de lis.

Lisa said...

Beautifully done and said Virginia!

Bellule said...

Tes cartes sont superbes, j'aime beaucoup la seconde.

Merci Virginia ♥

Bises from France.