Tuesday, November 10, 2015

It Only Takes a House Die to Create a Village

Hello friends! It's a colorful post today!
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D331978

If you know me, I love to stretch my dies. Today's project is just that....
Previously I created a tag that was inspired by this photo (see here).
I made winter scene card this time--one house "Congratulations Circle Die" at a time.
First, I created a snowy background with the stamp set  "Soft Grace" with Emboss Resist. I then made the die cut with Stitched Rectangles.
warmest wishes

Isn't this winter village scene dreamy? I used all distress inks based on the Distress Color Combo that Shari Carroll shared over Simon Says Stamp Blog (see here). I used Distress Recipe #8 ( Spiced Marmalade, Abandon Coral Picked Raspberry, Frayed Burlap. The "snow" on top?I dipped the roof into the Versafine and partially white embossed it. It is actually quite realistic -looking!
I am quite pleased how this turned out.

2015-10-31 001
 I don't think I am done with creating with a house/village theme yet...LOL
Thank you so much for stopping by!









19 comments:

Barb said...

Another charming card, Virginia! Love your inspiration! The snowy roofs look beautiful and so does your sky! Awesome card! ♥

Ksenija Rizova said...

Amazing! I love some many things about it - light blue background, colouring of houses, printed page in windows....

SonjaK said...

Such a beautiful card, Virginia! I love the scene you created and those bright colors create such a wonderful atmosphere. Fantastic!

Susi Kelly said...

Fabulous card, Virginia, and I love the tip on how you made the rooftop "snow". Definitely something I'm going to give a try (TFS).

Dotty Jo x said...

A great post title and a very lovely card, Jo x

Susanne Vargas said...

I am totally in love with your colorful village card made from only one house die!

pcm said...

love it!!

Nora N. said...

Oh Virginia!! this is totally amazing!! I LOVE the colored houses you created from just that die. I also like the fun paper you lined them with. The print looks so cool peeking out!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a darling little village, Virginia! So cute and colorful!

Harriet said...

Wonderful card, love the idea of a village, the snow flakes are lovely and the snow on the roofs is perfect. Cheery card.

conil said...

What a lovely little village scene. You've picked just the right colors and, yes, it is evocative of your Norwegian waterfront photo.

Linda S. said...

This card is so fantastic, and how neat that your inspiration was a photo that was taken by your husband. I don't have that house die, nor the snowflake stamp, but I think I can recreate this with what I have. Thanks for inspiring me to give it a try.

alexandra s.m. said...

GENIUS! Pure genius! and so YOU!
I love it! and I'm still giggling all by myself!

Lisa said...

What a pretty little Christmas village! This is terrific Virginia!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This Beautiful Christmas card will certainly be cherished by anyone who gets it. The color scheme is magnificent, as well as your craftsmanship. Blessings!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia I love your beautiful scene and the techniques rock!

Sheena Joy said...

Beautiful card and love the inspiration pic!

Sheena Joy said...

Beautiful card and love the inspiration pic!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love that sweet little scene you created! The houses are so pretty!