Thursday, November 12, 2015

Make the Word Die Work!

http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D335442
Hello friends! 
I don't know about you, but I find my self seeing word dies more and more in my craft stash. I guess you can say that 2015 is the Year of Word Die for me..... and MISTI. :) 
Today's card is focusing on using word die. 
DSC_0048

I love how easy it is to create a card like this.
The trick to this? Cut up a few strips of Foiled paper (with a piece of paper backing. Then proceed to make the word die and you just have to put it together. I chose the stamp " for to us" and added the white embossing and stamping. Done!
Happy Christmas
Word die like this doesn't have to be just the "side kick"...  it can make a huge statement if you let it.
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

Let the word die take centre stage! Jo x

Betty Keefe said...

love word dies too and your card is wonderful!

Barb said...

Love this, V! Those colors just POP off the card against the black! So fun! ♥

conil said...

Love the clean look of this card. Also love the focus on the sentiment and all the charming details you added.

Shelly said...

Beautiful!!
I need to start using my word dies more, too! ;)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the black board look to this, Virginia! Your foiled word dies look amazing!!

Linda S. said...

I'm sorry to say, you lost me on that foil word technique. Any chance you could go into more detail, or a photo heavy tut., or better yet, show us a video of the process. I love the look of dressing up word dies like this.

vinita jain said...

Love this foil technique and focused so well! Amazing work always!