Sunday, November 22, 2015

Mix and Match

Hello friends!
c http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D331978http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D335470

 Today's card is another example of playing mix and match.
It's another unlikely trio but it can work!
Previously, I made a few cards with the Congratulations Circle Die  and had one leftover house piece. It was too good to throw away, so I came up with another design.
joyeux Noel
 Remember my colorful house card (see here) ? Yup, I had an extra one and I put it to good use here.  The French sentiment was die cut from my DIY watercolor paper with Zig Markers. I stamped the leaves and flowers in Shabby Shutter and Ruby Red with MISTI.  For the coloring of the leaves, I used Fantastix to ink up the Shabby Shutter.

If you do not know about Fantastix, these absorbent nibs/brushes will soak up the colors that you want, so you can color the images with your chosen colors. They have been around for a long time now and are good to have on hand. For the final touches, I added strings, gold Stickles and a strip of zig zag paper.

Lastly, Craftsy is having a major discount for their most popular online classes. For a limited time only,  shop their most popular online classes for just $14.99. The paper-crafting classes can be found here.
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Linda S. said...

Hi Virginia, Very nice, crisp and clean card today. I like the color scheme very much. Just wondering what "do-it-yourself" watercolor paper is? In the listings of products used, it shows XL Watercolor paper. Just curious. Maybe you are using a tablet like mine, that has its own list of words it thinks I should be using!!

Virginia Lu said...

To Linda S.:
For my DIY watercolor paper. I created watercolor paper by applying Zig markers (Distress Inks/markers will work also) on Canson watercolor paper. I then sprayed a few droplets of water. After it dried, I use it as my own color paper. Hope this helps. Thanks for the comment.

conil said...

Mix & match, indeed. Equals beautiful results. Because you're an excellent enabler, I order the Joyeux Noel die. Conveniently, one of my girls middle name is Noel, so I'll see what I can scare up. Doubtfully, it will be as fabulous as this charming card. Lovely.

Susanne Vargas said...

Very sweet!

Harriet said...

Great card, Virginia, I save all my unused die cuts and use them whenever I can. I love your DIY paper so pretty.

Barbara said...

Lovely card.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Virginia!
Love the proportions here, big sentiment, tiny house! Very clever indeed ;)

Lisa said...

LOVE this one to bits Virginia!!

PJ said...

Your blog is lovely, and your cards are super cute!! I hope you will come visit my new blog at http://victoryfirst.blogspot.com/
I'd love to have you become a follower of my stamping blog. Thank you :)

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. love the design

Linda S. said...

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question, Virginia. Thanks.

maria f. said...

Love this and really love the two in the "reject" post. Those are so totally trendy! Just wanted you to know you "enabled" me a while back. Check this out: http://rieslingmama.blogspot.de/2015/11/giving-thanks-for-easy-peasy-place-cards.html
And now I'm wondering if a Misti is a necessary investment...

Barb Ghig said...

So many great techniques on this card! I love how you used your Zig markers for the house and your Fantastix for the branches...you are so clever, Virginia!
Off I go to use your 'SSS Link' to get some crafty goodies :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the combination of the bough with the house. I also love how you used that print paper to back the house, very pretty!