Monday, November 30, 2015

No Stamping Required

Hello friends!
You know me, I am an avid stamper. BUT there are times that I create without using stamps...
Yup, it happens.
Today's card is a good example.
peace and joy
So I basically took full advantage of the December Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp. This kit comes with some gorgeous pattern paper and soft stickers. I decided to construct a flat faux shaker 
 card. I used the Stitched Rectangles and inserted a piece of acetate with double-sided tape and then mounted it on a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" card base. In between the acetate, I added some confetti, plastic stars and sequins. The soft stickers are easy to use and really make the design a cinch to create.

Now, for the fun of it, I am sharing my camera set-up. I think it's kind of hilarious, but it totally works! Some of you know that Dr. John made a Lego structure for my You Tube video taping. One day, while I was running on the treadmill, I thought of having pine needles hanging down...that would make a cool picture, wouldn't it? 
Upon my request, Dr. John made a few small adjustments.....here is how it looked! LOL
I have no secrets. Hope this post makes you smile.

Lastly, I want to pass on some pertinent info. Wow...see that? Some really awesome dies are 50% off.
Click here to check them out! Use code--->DIES.
 s
Edited: I would get a few of those Lawn Fawn dies! Off to shop now.
Thanks for stopping by!



10 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! Sheer delight, Virginia! LOVE this card! ♥

Rahmat said...

I love that there is no stamping here, you ha put together a beautiful card Virginia. Love the photo prop, the scene behind your window looks awesome. But I cannot stand very cold , and it surely looks cold. Stay warm.

Miriam Prantner said...

I love your set up! The boughs hanging down look gorgeous and nice going with a non stamped card!

Lisa said...

Festive and fun Virginia, no stamping needed!! Your camera set up is the best!!

conil said...

I love your Lego Photography contraption and the pine needles were an excellent addition. So festive, besides they smell good. Love this little shaker card as well. Clever use of those adorable stickers. I've already been Simon Cyber Monday shopping, thank you very much. Couldn't resist it, too good a deal.

alexandra s.m. said...

So clever and funny!
Of course, i love your whimsical card even if it has no stamps LOL and your step-up is just pure genius!!

Dawn Turley said...

Great card Virginia. Love the die cutting and all the sequins.

Boaz Bassen said...

your camera set up=brilliant!!!! love it:) your card is pretty fantastic, too!

Carol McCready said...

I have always loved your camera set up. I keep meaning to show my 12 year old nephew; he is totally into Legos.

Great card.

Parker said...

So creative and inventive. I sit here shaking my head back and forth in awe. Thanks for the picture of the set up. I certainly made me smile, and I'm still smiling. :-)