Monday, November 9, 2015

Same Stamp, Four Cards! ( & the Winner Announcement)

Hello friends! Happy Monday!
This large heart stamp from Neat and Tangles is full of possibilities.
I have a few versions of cards using this stamp set (click on the photo and it will take you to the posts).

you have a heart of goldsuper awesomeyou have a heart of gold


For the latest one,  I first embossed the image in gold and applied watercolors with Spectrum Aqua Markers.
Happy Birthday
As for the background, I used Cracked Pistachio and inked up the top with the most intense colors. I did the Distress Ink smooshing with water and just let the background dry on its own. I also inked up the pattern paper with a bit of yellow, pink and orange, so it won't be too much of a contrast with the embossed image. 

Winner Announcement!
Lastly, for the $10 Gift Card to The Ton Shop, the random winner (out of 63 comments) is...
~drum roll, please~
#22 Nora N. said...
How lovely!! I love the technique you used on both of these cards. They are so pretty!! 

Nora, please e-mail me/leave me a comment here to claim your $10 prize! Thank you everyone, for your kind comments. I truly appreciate each and every one of them. 
Thank you for stopping by!


9 comments:

"glow" said...

i luv luv luv your card! ...didnt realize green and orange colors were that awesome together.. guess that will be my next color combo to try! thanks for a gr8 card share.. i love hearts! keep carding on:)with love..

~amy~ said...

Love seeing the Heart of Gold used in different ways...they're all beautiful!

Congrats to Nora!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous cards Virginia!
You stretch stamps like no other!
I just love the gold details you have been sprinkling on your cards lately!!
Have a wonderful beginning of the week my Friend~

Harriet said...

Lovely. I appreciate you ability to get different "feelings" by using color. I love anything embossed in gold.

conil said...

Perfect ombre background for that gorgeously colored heart. I wanted you to know I purchased this stamp after seeing how you've used it. Sadly, it's still in the wrapping...why is there never enough time in the day? Anyway love this new version card...and the patterned paper is really a nice surprise and goes so well with your design.

Happy Dance said...

I don't know what I like more about this particular card... The Pistachio ink, the gold stitching, the teeny-tiny hearts and stars cascading down....no....it's how you've used this stamp. One more brilliant heart in gold!! This is really pretty. I do love this card! This is the happiest birthday card ever!! Bev

Nora N. said...

Oh yeah!! I am so excited!! Thank you Virginia!! I LOVE those four cards. Your new card is so pretty with the green ink and the pretty colors inside the heart!! Stunning design!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Stunning! Love the colors you chose for the heart and the stitching at the top!

Tracey McNeely said...

All of these are so pretty Virginia!