Sunday, November 15, 2015

Simon Says Stamp December Card Kit

Hello friends!
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=simonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D336855%26c%3D1150
Well, that time of the month is here... I am talking about Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit! Lucky for me to receive this kit super early so I can share my take with this AWESOME kit. The stamp set "Gifts of Love" is fun and whimsical.
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=simonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D336765
Here are two of the many cards I made with this kit. I love paper-piecing. This kit comes with the perfect paper to go with the images. The colors are refreshing, festive and can be used in any way you like.
Merry Christmas
 I stamped and colored the images and then fussy cut them. I did this while watching TV and it was actually rather fun and soothing to do.
I also tore up a piece of red text pattern paper to ground the images. Clear Stickles were added on top of the white edges. The soft star stickers and sequins all come with the kit. Done!

My 2nd card requires some stamping and embossing. The embossing powder that comes in this kit is nearly clear and it leaves such a shiny textured look. Love that!
Merry Christmas -001
 I must add that this is the first time I used Hero Arts Mini Cube Ink pads (Winter Greens) and I love how the colors coordinate with this kit (this ink pad does not come with the kit). I am sure I will reach for this new ink set often. Stamping on pattern paper is awesome because it gives you the "oomph" look instantly.
I also stacked the triangle tree images and made one really tall! Can you tell that I had fun creating? 
(there is a sale going on over Simon Says Stamp, click here if interested).
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia. Definitely put me in the holiday mood!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Supercute!! This kit is a must-have!!

Harriet said...

I am so very happy to see these cards. I have a terrible time thinking of colors for Christmas cards....these colors of ink, paper and the wonderful stamps are a real treat. Thank you.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling cat card, Virginia - that kitty stamp is what attracted me to this kit. But I love what you did with the tree stamp on card 2 - looks great!! You sold me on this kit!

conil said...

Your use of the patterned paper here just knocks me out. Love your first card...so very fun and festive. Tearing the the paper an using it as an accent on the second card is so clever. What a sweet scene you've built.

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such a fun whimsical kit! I'm loving that cat!

Lisa said...

Well aren't they a jolly group!! These are both fabulous Virginia!!

Deepti said...

These rock !!

Laura Bassen said...

You are on the ball, girlfriend! Love what you did with the kit! I needed this inspiration to give me a kick start!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome holiday cards, Virginia! I love the sweet patterns you chose for the kitties and how you added all that lovely sparkle to the 2nd card...so fun and festive!

Mimi said...

...there is a Santa Claus... (haha, I always think this when I see your blog title and I picture that book!) I love these cards! The dancing cats are too cute, and I really love the way you tore the edge of the red! I love all of your work in general, but today, these two cards are my faves!

maria f. said...

These colors just scream happy to me! Love how you used the PP.