Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challege #342

wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the "Thanksgiving/Thank you" and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

 Thinking of You

 We are using Hero Arts products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

This  "Bird and Branch" is a delightful one to stamp. The alignment is so nicely done that you can easily line up the images.  

MISS YOU, Ch342 Thinking of You. Hero Arts. Nov 11th
I have been loving these color-layering stamps. Hero Arts has come up with a few of awesome layering stamp sets and this bird one has been my favorite. I picked out 3 colors (grey, blue and navy blue) to stamp the bird. After stamping, I added silver gel pen (Sakura) details and as you can see, the colors really shine! I love those gel pens. They are inexpensive, yet the additional shine is simply awesome! I also took out the Spray and added a few splatter to the background. And of course, I can not stamp without my MISTI, especially when it comes to layering stamps. Did you know that the new laser-etched MISTI is available now at Simon Says? Yes, Virginia....there is a Santa (wink)! 

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card Virginia :-) I love the colours and whole design of this, I have added this set to my wish list, this is so pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lin said...

Such a lovely color combination, V! This is such a pretty set in your hands!

conil said...

Love these layered stamps too. Hadn't seen the bird one yet (yes, I live under a rock) but have now...me likey, me wantie. Gonna buy it, ASAP. The way you've highlighted this bird with the silvery pen is really gorgeous and an amazing idea (another one I'll probably steal, er, use). Also love the way you stamped the leaves on the cardbase.

Harriet said...

I have this stamp, Virginia, and have made it so many colors---it's nice to play Mother Nature.

Charlene said...

Virginia, I just have to tell you, I love every card you make....there's a uniqueness to each and every one of them!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Virginia, a lovely coloured stamped background with a beautifully layerinng of the bird and great spattering!!

hugs
Heather xx

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Amazing card Virginia!! So very lovely!!

hugs...

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the silver stamping of the bird :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Teresa Kline said...

so pretty Virginia! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

sparkle & shine *~*

Nora N. said...

Oh wow! I am loving all the ink layers on that bird. Your stamping is perfect!! Love the addition of the silver too. Such a pretty card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful blue layered bird, Virginia! I love the leaves too - great touch in the corners of the card base!!

Dawn Turley said...

Just beautiful Virginia. Your bird is perfect.

Gayatri said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love everything about your card, Virginia!
Gayatri xx

Linda S. said...

This is a very striking card, Virginia. I especially like how you carried your design/theme to the second layer by stamping in two opposite corners.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful stamping! I love your color choices and how you continued the stamping on the card base.

Mimi said...

...okay, so here's another fave of yours today: I love this bird so much. So much. Freaking awesome. The stamps, the colors, the layout... You're a papercrafting genius!