Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #343


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the Thinking of You Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Christmas

 We are using My Favorite Things this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

For my project, I used MFT Merry-Die-namics. This die can convey so much...and it is also versatile. I used DCWV Foiled paper to make the die cut and created a design that reminds you of Santa's belt, perhaps?!

MERRY (SSS Wed. Challenge) Nov 18, MFT , Christmas  
I also made an extra green die and tucked in a few extra pieces to jazz things up a bit. Festive and bright---that's what I was going for. I can't help adding a few sequins here and there just to keep the motion going. I hope it is not blinding to your eyes since the foil paper is quite bright and powerful. LOL.

But wait.... 
what happened to the extra green die? Well, I saved it and realized that I should make a card with it, too! 
 
MERRY
This card requires no stamping! All I did was use the MFT Fancy Flourish die as a stencil. Then I inked up the background with Distress Inks (see supplies below) and added a piece of vellum die cut and that's it!

Thinking out loud--->I think this Merry Die-namics is a very versatile die... 
think beyond Christmas! If your name or someone's name has any of the alphabets in "MERRY", you can use any of the alphabet as a monogram! (Too bad, no V in this!)

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful cards Virginia! Such fun designs! Love those dies!!

hugs...

Barb said...

Love them both, V! Such fun cards! ♥

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Virginia :-) The first one with the red/black just shouts SANTA! I love it! the 2nd one is lovely too, the stencilled background and sequins are perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Harriet said...

Lovely, lovely.....Virginia your creative mind "sees" so many possibilities and you share them. Thank you.

Alanna said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the foil die cuts.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card and use of that die my Friend!
Thank You~

Lin said...

That die makes a bold statement, and your designs have reinforced it beautifully, Virginia! The foils are the perfect medium to use with it!

conil said...

Fabulous...love how you've enhanced that diecut. The foiled paper really is fun and very festive. Being a clever girl, you used some of the leftover pieces from the second diecut to embellish the first card (waste not, want not, I always say). And the ombre flourish with the vellum one makes the second card really elegant.

Jo Nevill said...

I love your bold cards Virginia, what fantastic dies ! x

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this die, love how you put some of the green in the red negative cuts!

Heather said...

Both fabulous cards Virginia, the red foil & black with a of green is stunning.........I just love flourished and they are beautifully softly inked and vellum!!

hugs
Heather xx

Mandy said...

Wonderful cards Virginia! They are so bold and striking and I love your stencil work
hugs
Mandy xx

Stephanie Leykauf said...

Very merry indeed! Love the bold sentiments!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Jingle said...

These are very nice. The green one is cool!

Carol McCready said...

Great cards. The bottom one is my fav.

Dawn Turley said...

great cards Virginia. Loos like a great kit.

Deepti said...

Fabulous cards !!

Ruth G said...

Fun! I love how you've used the Merry die in different ways and with the different colors! You can't go wrong with a wonderful metallic paper, I think! Thanks so much for sharing!