Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Stamp a Simple Plaid Background

Hello friends!
 The rare occasion came up when my daughter NEEDED a baby boy card for church friends....fast! We searched high and low in my piles of cards and could not find anything suitable!! (what?). Well, she is also quite picky, my daughter, that is. So I took up the challenge and made a baby card.
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D332113
I love this new stamp set "Basic Stripes"and this was the perfect chance to ink them up. Yesterday's layered flower card is another example (see here).  I wanted to created a basic tartan pattern. Tartan is a pattern consisting of criss-crossed horizontal and vertical bands in multiple colors. Tartans originated in woven wool, but now they are made in many other materials. And "plaid" is the North American term for this textile pattern. That Google thing is pretty handy, huh? (wink)

congrats!-001
 Here's my take on the baby boy card. I took out Altenew's Ori-Kami set and Label Love. These two are a perfect combo for a quick card. "welcome little one" is from SRM Stickers.

For the plaid, I used MISTI to line up the horizontal stripes and randomly stamped the colors. For the vertical fine lines, I eye-balled it and hand-stamped them. They were slightly messier than I would have liked...but this was my first try and being in a hurry, I think I would just go with it.
Was Stephanie happy about this card? "CUTE!" was what she said.
Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

Deepti said...

So adorable :) I love that plaid pattern !!

Shelly said...

Aww...this is so cute!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I just love this!

conil said...

Stephanie sounds a bit like my offspring when they see my cards. I, personally, think this is not only "cute" but perfect for a baby boy card. Love that you add this Google info...I always learn things visiting your blog.

Keren Baker said...

Oh, this is cute and not too sickly sweet! Love the plaid pattern you've created; fantastic! x

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous baby card, Virginia! I love how you created your plaid pattern and the color combo is perfect for a baby boy...so sweet!

Miriam Prantner said...

It is cute! So handy to have a mom who can whip up a card whenever you need!

Lisa said...

Marvelous card, your stamped plaid looks terrific!!

Kara Lynne said...

What a sweet, sweet baby boy card! I love your plaid and that elephant is so adorable!

Dawn Turley said...

it really is "CUTE" Virginia. Such a sweet card and your plaid looks lovely

Ruby N said...

Super cool!

alexandra s.m. said...

So well done, I love your adorable card Virginia and I can see how this gorgeous background stamp would be a staple for us stampers!