Friday, November 13, 2015

The Little Stamp Set That Could

Happy Friday! I have a fun card for you today!
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D328811
Have you ever come across some stamps that just make you SMILE.
This "Oh Snap!" stamp is just too cute. I had no idea what I would do with it, but I had to get it (yeah, we all have those weak moments....).

Well, the stamp arrived and this is my result.
oh snap!

And....how could you resist? I can't even....
I started out stamping the little ginger bread boys in Khaki on Canson watercolor paper. With masking, this is so much easier than actually stacking the pyramid This card is actually my 2nd try. It's not bad for a "gingerbread boy pyramid", right?  I did a different formation and what I didn't like about my first card was my coloring. So, for my 2nd try, I did water-coloring instead and it looks so much better! I used Spectrum Aqua Markers (simply because I have many more color options than my copics).

For the mint green background, I used my favorite Distress Ink- Cracked Pistachio. For the red buttons, I used Pico Embellisher to highlight them. I also added a strip of LF pattern paper and DCWV foil paper. Hope this card makes you smile!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

You are a genius! So creative!

Indy said...

Oh this is so clever and humorous!

Lori B said...

Just so cute!!

Kristen said...

Love it!

Lisa said...

This gave me a giggle, so cute!!

conil said...

Can you say cute...well. I can and this is. Adorable, in fact. The gingerbread man with the broken leg is how mine come out because I'm clumsy taking them off the cookie sheet. Sweet and charming and funny...great card.

Harriet said...

Big smile for your card, I love the background.

Kara Lynne said...

Boy, I got a big chuckle out of that card! You found just the best use for those G-men! Perfectly executed, Virginia!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such a cute tree of gingerbread men, love it!

vinita jain said...

Hahaha! love this cute scene! A very innovative idea and great pyramid work, Totally love it!

Clare said...

This is soon cute! I almost bought this one too, but I went for the otter birthday stamp - I'll have to check this stamp set again next order!

Donna said...

They are not weak moments... simply planning ahead!!! (Just nod and agree - even if it is denial)!
Very cute card. x