Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags

Hello friends! This is my 2nd post for the day.
For the usual Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, please click here.
I am participating along with my Simon Says Stamp Challenge team mates in Tracey's 25 Tags of Christmas.
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D335462
Here's my take on the tag challenge using the stamp set called "for to us"

I traced a tag and cut out the card stock. First, I embossed the sentiment in white to create a background. I then added Distress Inks to add the colors.
for to us tag (Tracey's 25 tags)

 I then gold-embossed the floral element and colored them in Zig Markers. I fussy cut the element flowers and vines. I pieced a hole in the center and added the twines and sequins. 
This tag is totally organic--no use of die cut (including the tag) and pattern paper. I hope you are inspired to create a Christmas tag. For more inspiration, please stop by Tracey's Blog "In My Creative Opinion".
Thank you for stopping by!

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely divine...I love the fonts and your inking is beautiful.

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!!

Harriet said...

Lovely. Your tag will bring joy and the package will look prettier.

conil said...

This tag is so precious. Love the sprig of flowers and leaves across the top.

Marianne said...

Gorgeous tag, Virginia. Lovc the simplicity of the design and the gold embossed and coloured sprig at the top. Yours was one of the tags over at Tracey's blog that made me want to run to my craft room and start playing.

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous tag. Lovely verse and the colors are beautiful!

Kara Lynne said...

What beautiful colors blended over your embossed sentiment. I love that you hand cut everything. Gorgeous tag!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful Virginia, nicely done!!

Suchi said...

What a fantastic tag! Loved the embossing both- white and golden ! The flower and leaves look stunning.. :)
Suchi xx

vinita jain said...

Love the sentiment in white with wonderful distress blended look and the pretty sprig of leaves and flowers at the top!

Bellule said...

so gorgeous !! I love it !

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL tag Virginia!!!
LOVE your inky background and pretty floral sprig too!!!

Teresa Doyle said...

This tag is lovely Virginia.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your tag and the way you have combined the resist emboss technique with the gold heat emboss and coloring! It looks absolutely beautiful!
Thanks Virginia~

Happy Dance said...

Beautiful tag, Virginia. I can just hear my Sunday School students reciting this verse on Christmas Eve... Love the bough you've created for the top too; lovely and delicate. I'm sure Tracey adores this. Beautiful design, and beautiful colors. Bev

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous tag, Virginia! I love the floral elements and how you blended your inks on the background! Such a fun sentiment, too!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful emboss resist and I love the bough at the top!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tag Virginia, the colours and whole design of this is fabulous! :-)

luv
Lols x x x