Sunday, November 1, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #20

Hello and happy November!
It's time for a new challenge and we are going to dig into one of the essential elements of stamping/card-making.
That is...TEXTURE! 
Handmade cards are appealing to us because we can touch and feel the textures from the artistic expressions of the card-makers. There is something special when you can touch and feel the cards. You probably have been adding textures to your design without even knowing it since texture plays an integral part in stamping/card-making. 

The focus on textures: please create cards with Gesso, acrylic paints, textured/embossing pastes, sandpaper, dry embossing, embossing powder, cork, fabric, canvas, felt, wood-grain, DIY textures (using Crimper or score board, embossing folders) OR simply use any textured paper.... the sky is the limit!
My card shows the example of using embossing paste and DIY burlap embellishment.
sending joy
This card seems to be quite thick, but it really just has foam backing.
With the added silver embossing paste, stamped woodgrain and colored burlap, this card offers unexpected depth and textures.

My 2nd card uses burlap predominantly. However, with the inlaid stitched leaf die, this card evokes warmth. The added burlap layer completes the fall look.
just for you

Let's not forget the added textures such as Stickles and Pico Embellisher. They may be small, but the impact is huge!

 Are you inspired to create for this challenge? I sure hope so!
Our Sponsor: Simon Says Stamp


Our Top Winner (randomly selected from Top 10 Favorites) will receive a $25 voucher!
  AWESOME, eh?! For more details and linking for Virginia's View Challenge, please click here.


I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for stopping by!
Card#1
Card #2

11 comments:

sandie said...

Great cards Virginia, love the hemp as we call burlap, this side of the pond! Will be getting my linen impression plate out to do CAS texture!!

Ksenija Rizova said...

Beautiful cards Virginia! Love the grey one, you added texture so elegantly and still kept the card CAS. And I really like the grey card base. Will try to join you this month, despite that I am getting busy with running my 1st blog party throughout November. Come to see it my blog :)

Happy Dance said...

Lovely cards, Virginia. Love those inlaid leaves on that burlap base especially! And already ideas are crashing around in my head, lol! Have a wonderful Sunday. Bev

Harriet said...

You are so right, Virginia, texture....I know I use it but never think of it as an essential element. I love your cards and am inspired to use burlap. Thank you.

conil said...

Oh Virginia, you've done it again. Absolutely perfect cards for your new challenge. Love the embossed background with that sweet bird image on the first card and the clean look of the second using burlap and those gorgeous leaves. But the background really speaks to me.

Carol McCready said...

Fun challenge. Your cards are gorgeous.

vinita jain said...

Gorgeous textures on both of creations!Always enjoying!

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards, fabulous texture!!

Barb Ghig said...

Two absolutely GORGEOUS cards, Virginia! I love how you added texture and minimized the bulk with your elements and designs! I can't wait to play along!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! I love the stencil/paste on the base of the first and the mix of embellishments, that second one is just gorgeous, fantastic inlaid die cutting/inking and the burlap is fantastic!

Patricia Balourdet said...

Colors are sublime, I adore!!!