Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Watercoloring and Embossing with MISTI

Hello friends!
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D333328
Holly Tweet
I was in the mood for water-coloring and embossing, so I created this card for today's post. This cling stamp from Penny Black is absolutely darling.
especially for you at Christmas
I first colored the images with Spectrum Aqua Markers and small ink pads. After inking up the colors, I clear-embossed the images.

The unsung hero in this card?  MISTI !!!
This stamping tool has become my Go-To gadget when it comes to inking and re-inking, embossing and re-embossing the same images over and over again.... After the clear-embossing, I colored around the image with a tiny of bit of grey (Zig Marker). This is the beauty of clear-embossing. It creates a "barrier" for the image, so your coloring is fool-proof!!
DSC_0223
I decided to stamp the bottom part with Timbers to keep the design interesting. I added the tiniest silver dots around the holly leaves with Pico Embellishment (silver). The sentiment is embossed in Platinum Embossing Powder (Hero Arts)--love that stuff!  I then finished the card with silver strings and some sequins. 


Thanks for stopping by!




18 comments:

Suchi said...

Adorable card and lovely use of Misti! :)
Suchi xx

Barb said...

Such a sweet image and love how your water coloring turned out, V! Beautiful card! ♥

Dawn Turley said...

so beautiful Virginia. The colouring is perfect and love the little dots of silver.

Carol Snow said...

Question Virginia, you said after you inked your images you then clear embossed them. So after you inked the image did you stamp it first and then clear emboss over the stamped image with Versamark?? I'm unclear on this water color technique. Any further info would be greatly appreciated. I love the card. I used to watercolor but this would be so much faster with a stamped image. Thanks!!!

Lin said...

SO pretty, Virginia, love this stamp so much, and it looks great watercolored!

Pam Sparks said...

Gorgeous Virginia! Love how you designed and colored with the beautiful nature images but took it to elegant with your design!

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
For Carol Snow: Yes, indeed, I stamped the image in various colors and colored them first. And then I clear-embossed the entire iamge with Versamark Ink. Hope this helps.

Jacqueline said...

Crisp, fresh and beautiful!

Harriet said...

Oh, Virginia, this card makes my heart sing. I love the bird and your colors are perfect. Someday I, too, will get a Misti.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So beautiful and artsy!

conil said...

What a lovely card. Love what you've done with these great PB stamps. The colors are vibrant and, oh so, happy.

Nora N. said...

Oh this is so pretty!! I LOVE your watercolor on this. The vibrant colors make me happy!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Exquisite watercolor, Virginia - love it!!

vinita jain said...

It's a beauty of nature! Love this and stunning watercoloring with how you added the texture at the bottom, great use of Misti!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Virginia! I really love how you embossed over the images with clear EP...such a striking effect! Love this sweet little bird, too!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love those bright colors against the soft neutrals!

Carol McCready said...

Very pretty. Love the image.

Laura Bassen said...

love your always, always, always colorful card...especially this time using a watercolor look!