Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Blog Named Hero Guest Design

This is my 2nd post for today.
For Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge " Let it Snow", please click here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It gives me great pleasure to share my guest design work with you over A Blog Named Hero.
This fun event takes place from Dec. 1 to Dec. 10. ABNH offers LOTS of inspiration for your Christmas card-making. Here is my feature post.

I decided to create a Christmas card with a tropical feel! The sentiment says it all....
Feliz Navidad
This card is 99% stamped (except the green foil paper) . I started out with stamping the petals of the hibiscus. I created my Christmas card project without the traditional Christmas stamps. This year, I decided to go with the sentiment "Feliz Navidad". Hero Arts' Layering "Layering Hibiscus" is the perfect set for this design. I had the vision of stamping the hibiscus to frame the sentiment. I customized the sentiment with the alphabets from Stamp and Cut Flag Coordinating set.
 
Feliz Navidad
I love to do multiple stamping with each layer. For example, I stamped the center of hibiscus in Brilliance Gold AND Age Mahogany Distress Inks. The former gives the extra shine and the latter enhances the definition and deep dark color. For the final touches, I added Gold Stickles and a small piece of green foil paper as accent.

I hope that you like my use of the non-holiday stamps. Please visit A Blog Name Hero for more inspiration. I would love it if you can stop by, too! Thanks so much!





9 comments:

conil said...

This is really reminiscent of Christmas amongst the palm trees with hula girls gyrating nearby. It is lovely and I adore what you did with the sentiment.

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats on your GD feature my Friend!
Your card is beautiful!!

Harriet said...

Excellent. Love your colors, Virginia, unique card.

Rahmat said...

Love the colors here Virginia, such a vibrant and cheerful card.

Lisa said...

BEAUTIFUL card Virginia!! Congrats on guesting!!

Boaz Bassen said...

Love those layered flowers and that strip of metallic green♥♥♥!! I need a heart-eyed emoji on my keyboard right now!!!

Shelly said...

Yay, Virginia!! Such a fun card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the brightness of the colors, such a great festive card!

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.