Friday, December 18, 2015

A Shabby Chic Card!

Hello friends!
I am posting a bit more frequently due to my creative overdrive... :)
close-up
I have yet to share more cards that I made with the latest Simon Says Stamp Die-Cember release. If you have not check out the You Have My Heart, click here

Let's get to the Single Roses Wafer Die, shall we?
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D337627%26c%3D1435
I made an attempt with my Shabby Chic take on this die.
Happy Birthday

To be honest, it was quite a "journey" to create this card. I glued the entire background with text paper and then I applied Gesso all over it.  As for the flowers, I created my own paper with Peerless Watercolor and made the die cut. What I didn't expect was that I messed up badly when I decided to add black splatter (what was I thinking?)!!! I made a huge mess all over the card and I ended up tearing off the top and bottom portion of the text background. It was not my genius move to add that doily...but it was simply that I needed to cover up the big black blob! Thank goodness for Gesso, too! So...in the end, all is well :) 

There is so much crafting goodness going on in my craft room right now. I apologize for the frequent posting. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Harriet said...

I like your card, Virginia. There is no way anyone could "see" you made a mistake. It's kinda like lemons...make lemonade. The die is interesting. I especially like when a die's negative as well as positive cut is used. I haven't tried that .. someday. Gesso is another product I've not tried...again someday. Thanks for letting all of us know that creative people make mistakes too.

Lisa said...

GORGEOUS!!! Your mistakes with the black splatters that lead to the addition of the doily turned out to be magic Virginia. I LOVE this card!!!

conil said...

There is something about printed book pages that get me every time. But when your pair them up with doilies and vibrant watercolor, I get all mushy inside. This is extraordinarily beautiful.

Charlene said...

Shabbylicious!!!! Beautiful colors! Merry Christmas!

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!
You also do shabby chic with panache!!
You amazing You!!

Bellule said...

So gorgeous !! I love it ♥ !!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the shabby chic look, anything with doilies is good with me!

Linda S. said...

I think it looks just fine, and that you did a wonderful job of covering up your "mistakes". This is exactly why I have not ventured forward to splatter/spray anything all over my cards after they have been completed. I think at least half of them would end up in the trash.

jamie vanskiver said...

Oh I LOVE this card!!!

Nora N. said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the fun doilies and the colors you used on this!!