Sunday, December 6, 2015

All Is Calm...

Hello friends!
I have been on a kick with using house stamps. 
w
The latest one from Neat and Tangled's "Winter Wishes" is perfect for that.
DSC_0275 (1)

This card is actually really easy to create. With the right ink and a few embellishments, it can look very sophisticated.
all is calm, all is bright

About this card:
~ Hero Arts has come up with these lovely ink pads (such as this and this). And this was what I used.
~Platinum Embossing Powder (also from HA) is awesome for embossing on paper or vellum (see silver house).
~hand-stitching is almost always a good idea! I am addicted to all the DMC thread.

 I love that font in the sentiment. This set Winter Wishes is a hidden gem. I love it even more after I received it! Here are photos from yesterday's baking...
 (photo and cookie credit: Stephanie L.) 
Thanks for stopping by! 

12 comments:

Christina Hor said...

Though the design is so simple, it is truly a sophisticated card Virginia. Love the little vellum house. A very lovely touch to the whole card. And those baked goodies are making hungry at this late hours of the night! Hehe. Wishing you a lovely and blessed rest of your weekend Virginia.

Hugs,
Christina

donna mikasa said...

I believe I own those N&T stamps, too! And I'm a big fan of houses AND your card....and those cookies!!

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous and so elegant.

~amy~ said...

Your card is beautiful...love the colors and the glitz.
Yum to the cookies!

Lin said...

What a sweet charming card, V! Love these colors!

Harriet said...

Such an interesting card, Virginia. I am such a traditionalist and seem set in concrete-red and green-yet your blue and green is so refreshing and lovely, add silver and wow what a card. Cookies....delicious.

Susanne Vargas said...

This is such a sweet card with a modern feel! Love it!
And I really wish that I could reach into my screen take some of the cookies...

Barbara said...

Your card is beautiful and so are the cookies! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Ohhh Virginia, you've done it again!
I simply MUST get these stamps now that I have seen your FABULOUS card!
I too love that font BTW
And Stephanie, could you please fly to ChicagoASAP, I need YOU!!
Hugs to all~

Lisa said...

Love the single glistening house!! This is so pretty Virginia and your cookies look yummy!

Miriam Prantner said...

Simply beautiful! Love the colors, and that strip of sparkle tape to anchor the homes.

conil said...

Love the colors...you're enabling again, aren't you. Really love platinum embossing powder, though. This is a terrific card...so well designed.