Monday, December 7, 2015

Combining Stamp Sets and Making It Your Own

Hello friends!
Today's post shows an example of using stamps sets creatively. 
I have these three sets:
                                        Basic Stripes                                    For To Us
ss 

  I combined elements from each set and this is the result.
DSC_0278 (2)
I did layered stamping and then did some glitter embossing with the bow. I then created a mask for the bow and stamped the stripes.
good tidings
 I gave some thought for stamping the sentiment and decided to stamp it on top. They are a decorative kind of font and perfect for this.
DSC_0280 (2)

For the final details, I applied white Pico Embellishment to highlight the white in the bow. I also added a few small splatters to the design. And, of course, all of this was done with the help of MISTI. I can not stress enough how helpful this tool is. Just imagine trying to line up those lines without MISTI? It would have been too tricky! I love how flat and mail-friendly this design is.

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Rahmat said...

You nailed it Virginia, it looks like a perfectly wrapped gift.

Barb said...

Such a creative combination, Virginia! Beautifully done! ♥

Lynn said...

Love, love, love how you've combined the sets. I bought the SS set with the script sentiments/florals because of you...first cards made this weekend :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Genius! You amaze me!

Cindy C. said...

So clever!! You've certainly made it your own Virginia!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Might have to lift this one! Love this idea!

Harriet said...

One of the reasons I enjoy reading your blog each day is that you always--I stress always--have a unique vision and share it with us. There's no doubt we all have many stamps that can be combined to create an unusual card. This card shows us that we can combine, should combine....creativity is all that's needed. And you, Virginia, have creativity plus!!!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely and so stricking LINE Stamp on your card
great looks like it is a GIFT with the bow of the ribbon on the middle
Ich mag diese Karte Sehr
wie geht es dir..
must be busy
schoene Gruesse aus Munich :)
hugs
Monika

alexandra s.m. said...

Love it! Such fun and interesting stamps you have combined there Virginia!
Thank You~

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the faux gift look! Gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Virginia!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous.. I love the sentiments stamped at the top and the color combo is perfect.. lovely stamping Virginia..

vinita jain said...

Such fun and innovative idea! Love this sweet creation with inspiration!

Dawn Turley said...

so beautiful Virginia. I love mixing my sets of stamps.

conil said...

You know, I think you're a genius. This is brilliant. Love this card.

Barb Ghig said...

So creative, Virginia! And, it really does look just like a pretty package! Loving how you staged this photo, too :)