Saturday, December 19, 2015

Create Layers with Rubber Cement

Hello friends!
I am sharing two cards that I made a while ago....well, Christmas is almost here!
I can't believe that we still have no snow here in this part of Canada....it snowed this morning :)
Close-up#2
Let's get to the Penny Black stamp "Brush Pines", shall we?
s
With the help of MISTI, I was able to stamp  multiple times with assorted colors and shades. Once the image was stamped, I applied Elmer's Rubber Cement with an old paint brush. 
Season's Greetings
Once the cement was dried, I applied blue distress inks over the Brush Pines. Because it was so easy to do, I made two versions.
season's Greetings-001

I think Elmer's Rubber Cement is a great addition to try if you want to use masking fluid. This is likely the cheapest masking medium that you can get in the market today.

close-up
 For the finishing touches, I added the red and gold bows from Swirl Wreath Die. I also added my favorites--Pico Embellisher and sequins! Nice and easy! 
Thank you so much for stopping by!


12 comments:

conil said...

...and beautiful. You forgot to say beautiful. These will make people wonder how you did that. Don't tell them. Make it your crafty secret. So glad you got your snow...wishing you a joyous, white Christmas.

Barb said...

Gorgeous cards, V! ♥♥♥

Miriam Prantner said...

These are beautiful! I love that bow die you used too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Lisa said...

Lovely cards Virginia and thanks for the tip!!

Jacqueline said...

These are beautiful! I have been enjoying your creative work all year round - hope you will continue to be inspired and share with us! Hope your Christmas will be full of peace and every blessing for the New Year, Virginia and family!
Jacqueline

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jasleen said...

Stunning cards, Virginia ...love !!

Harriet said...

You have never steered me wrong on any product. I will certainly give
Elmer's rubber cement a try. Not sure how to use it so the trial and error method will be in use. Lovely card.

Linda S. said...

This is a beautiful card. You mentioned that you used Pico Embellisher on it. I keep seeing this product mentioned and used around blogland, but I would appreciate it if you could teach us more about just what it is, how it is applied, and for what purposes it is used. Thank you for your time and talents. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

donna mikasa said...

It's been a while since I've used rubber cement, and you've played with it beautifully! I would have loved to see a dozen of these cranked out! ;)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty - especially the second card with that red bow:)