Sunday, December 20, 2015

MORE--->One Stamp, Three Ways!

Hello, friends!
DSC_0305 (2)
If you have been following my blog for a while, you know that I like to use the same stamp in many creative ways. Well, today I have the pleasure of sharing 3 projects that were made with one large cling stamp.
This Rose Terrace Cling Background from The Ton Stamps measures 6" x 6". The great thing about a large background stamp is that you can apply all sorts of techniques to create different looks. Let's get right to the cards and you will see what I mean.

 For my first card, I took a watercolor approach and applied the entire stamp with Spectrum Aqua Markers.  They are one of my favorite supplies this year. The price point is reasonable, the color choices are awesome and they are pretty tough to withstand my abuse use.
you are my favorite person
I am not a patient person, so it took me about 3 minutes to color the entire image. The key to a successful inking, in my view, is the amount of water. It has to be "just right". I think 3-4 sprays from a 10-15 cm distance is a good start. I used the coral, pink and yellow for the flowers and used two shades of green for the stems and petals. I was pleased with the result.

For my 2nd card "think happy thoughts", I wanted to experiment with darker and richer colors. With the help of MISTI, I stamped the entire image in navy blue and then clear-embossed it completely. You can use any Navy Blue Embossing Powder instead , but I prefer this way since I love the Navy Blue Ink from Hero Arts.
think happy thoughts
I then went back to add yellow, blue, pink/orange and green to the flowers and leaves. I finished the sentiment with a doily and silver strings underneath.
sending happy thoughts #2 (close-up)

Another great advantage of using a large cling stamp is that you can utilize just a small section of the large stamp to your liking. For example, my 3rd project is the easiest one to create since I used a partial section of the stamp.
you're amazing
However, it is still colorful and eye-catching! I applied just 5 colors of the Zig Markers and see how bright the colors are!? The most time I spent on this design was creating the scalloped border with Lawn Fawn's Candy Box die.. The actual stamping is so fun and soothing! Isn't this Rose Terrance stamp amazing?
 I would appreciate that you stop by The Ton Blog as my work is being featured there today.
 
 Here is the sale that is going on over Simon Says Stamp<--great stuff and great deals (ends soon)
 Radiant Stamping is the new class that is being offered at Craftsy.

The comment feature in this post has been disabled. 
Thank you for stopping by!