Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #21

Hello friends! Rumor has it .... 
 Virginia's View Challenge is coming to an end at the end of Dec. 2015.
Yup, it's true. (see announcement here).

So this month's challenge will be the last one!
You can read all about the details of this challenge over here.
In the mean time, this final challenge must go on...
For this month, we are all about using glitter! 

I took a full on approach and made a glittery snowflake.
DSC_0057

My ways of adding glitter:
~good-old fashioned Stickles: I applied clear stickles and let them dry.
~glitter embossing powder: I did the embossing 2-3 times. The glitter embossing powder has a lot of Rainbow Sparkle bits in it. I think if you have not tried any glitter embossing powder, it's time to make that "investment"! And don't forget the power of silver/gold embossing either!
~silver shiny pattern paper: this is the most convenient way to add shine to your project. AND there is no mess! This DCWV Glintzy Glitter Paper is one of my go-to papers for adding glitter.
~sequins (gemstones, pearls....etc): need I say more!?

PEACE
I have a few amazing guest designers lined up to inspire! The best part of running this challenge is to share the love and joy of stamping/card-making. I also got to know quite a few card makers along this journey. I must say, despite all the hard work and time (along with Dr. John's and Stephanie's) it has been a win win situation for me.

There will be TWO $25 Simon Says Stamp Gift Vouchers  awarded to two winners. I hope that you will play this challenge to celebrate and end it with a bang!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

totally stunning Virginia. Love the colours

Milka Gubo said...

Great challenge, GORGEOUS card, Virginia! :o) hugs

Jacquie Southas said...

All great things . . .

Beautiful card, Viriginia!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely!!!!!

nlwilson46 said...

One of my favorite cards! Thanks.

Cindy C. said...

Stunning!!!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous!!

Harriet said...

Love this card, Virginia. I rarely use glitter, really never, but do use glitter paper. You did a nice thing with your challenge. I realize it entailed a lot of work for you, I sure enjoyed the projects.

sideoats + scribbles said...

Love this so much, Virginia!!! Just love!

conil said...

Beautious twinkling...love you card and especially the nordic background. That and the snowflake were made for eachother.

Nora N. said...

The colors on this are STUNNING!!! I LOVE how you glittered up that snowflake!!

Cris G said...

Stunning card, Virginia! Just love the snowflake and nordic pattern. I can't believe VVC is coming to an end... for the time being, I hope.

Barb Ghig said...

Your sparkly snowflake just takes my breath away, Virginia! I love how you stenciled the winter knit pattern on the background, too...Such a gorgeous card!
I'm sad that your challenge is coming to a close, but it's been GREAT FUN, and you deserve a real pat-on-the-back for a job well done!!! Can't wait to get all sparkly for this challenge :)

Carol McCready said...

Absolutely gorgeous card.

Lisa said...

GORGEOUS card Virginia!! Love the delicate snowflake!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this design! Great use of the stencil and love the sparkle!

Greta said...

So festive & beautiful, Virginia!

Anita in France said...

Oh Virginia, this is gorgeous! That shimmery, shiny, delicate snowflake is just wonderful ... and so fabulous against that vibrant knit background! Hugs, Anita :)