Thursday, December 17, 2015

You Have My Heart Release from SSS

Hello friends, this is my 2nd post today. I have been creating like crazy ...Sorry!!!
s

I am so lucky to get a hold of one of the latest dies/stamps from Simon Says Stamp. 
The collection "You Have My Heart" is geared towards Valentine's Day. But I do think they are perfect All Occasion cards. I love every single of them! In case you are on the fence about these new awesome products, hopefully, my posting will help you decide :)

I am sharing a card that I made with "Heart of Roses"
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1083364&b=199868&m=24698&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Esimonsaysstamp%2Ecom%2Fproduct%2Easpx%3Fid%3D337629%26c%3D1435
This die is so dainty and intricate. I had tons of fun playing with it and created several versions. Because it is so detailed, I decided to create an ornament-like design.sending you lots of hugs and love 
About this card:
~stacked dies: make 3 die cut from  Heart of Roses and glue them with Tombow Mono
~colors: apply colors with Zig markers. Add tiny amount of water when needed.
~embossing: embossing all edges with Hero Arts Platinum Embossing Powder several times until the edge is smooth. This also helps to cement all pieces into one.
~stamping: stamp the hearts and sentiment from the new stamp set "Texting"
~final touches: attach the embellishment with silver strings and sequins. Apply a touch of clear Wink of Stella.

close-up

A close-up to see how I used the stacked dies and turned it into a DIY Embellishment.  
Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Lin said...

LOVE what you did with this die,V! What a fantastic idea to make it into an ornhament!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Loveliness galore!!!

Susi Kelly said...

Beautiful & colourful card, Virginia - the platinum embossing looks like it was a bit of an effort, but well worth it!

conil said...

Saw this last night on FB and that thud you heard was my jaw drooping to the floor. Stunning card. Adore the embossing powder around the rim of this gorgeously painted heart. Such a pretty card.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful coloring and sparkle on the heart, love how you hung it!

Nandini said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the tip about applying EP on the edges. I am still waiting to get mine.

sandra kustic said...

Really nice one ... LOVE the colours

sandra kustic said...

Really nice one ... LOVE the colours