Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Flower Card with Minimal Layers!

Hi there! 

Hope your New Year is off to a great start! One of my goals this year is to get more exercise (much like last year's goal), it's a day to day thing. Yup, baby steps....

I made a flower card with some textures and bright colors.
wishing you
In this card, I actually did a partial dry-embossing! I can't find the exact link for  it dry embossing folder, but you can see the similar ones here.

As for the flowers, I basically created a colored paper (with Peerless Watercolor) and kept the positive side of the leaves for the extra colors. Peerless watercolors are a bit messy to use as they come in swatches, but they totally work! I cut up mine and use double sided tape to keep the swatch organized.
DSC_0059 (1)

I love how the color mix. However, I heard so much about Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi and it is on my wish list now... LOL. I enjoy using one simple dies for many creative ways. I love how this turned out to be a "congratulations" card.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Beautiful Virginia. The watercolours look stunning on the flowers.

Lynn said...

Love all the texture. Fabulous! And go, go, go on the exercise! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wedding card, Virginia! I just love your flower duo with the sweet bow joining them!!

Shelly said...

This is stunning!! Absolutely, love it!

Linda S. said...

Beautiful card today. I also have my eye on a set of those Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor paints. Please keep us informed if you acquire a set, how you like them, and most importantly for me, where you find them at a bargain price. Thanks, Virginia.

Snoopy von said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the way you've blended the colors together. I should tell you, I just got the Zig Kuretake Real Brush Pens and they are TOTALLY worth it. You're gonna love them. :D

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Harriet said...

Lovely, lovely, Virginia, your colors are exceptional and the die is excellent. How nice to have a die that can be used creatively.

conil said...

LOVE the way you nestled those diecuts under the dry embossing. Also, crazy about leaving the positive cut in the leaves...that's just plain brilliant.

Karen B. said...

Gorgeous techniques here! Love the white background with the pop of color from the flowers.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous water coloring on your flowers, Virginia! I love your partial embossing along the top of this card, too...So elegant and beautiful!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Amazing colors on your die cuts! Wow - those flowers really pop!

Happy Dance said...

Beautiful card, Virginia. Those roses are so pretty, and the partial embossed background really shows them off. Love the bi-colored sentiment and those pretty sequins. So lovely. Bev

Anita in France said...

What gorgeous, vibrant roses against the crisp embossed white, Virginia ... so lovely with the delicate silver thread and sprinkling of sequins! Hugs, Anita :)