Sunday, January 10, 2016

Create a "Frame" with Floral Images

Hello friends! 
s
I am popping in to share a CAS card with you. You see, this new stamp set "All Abloom" from Penny Black comes with many detailed floral images. I decided to create a frame with the bottom right rose image.
lots of love

About this card:
~secure the card stock with MISTI (5x7), trim off after embossing
~emboss the image in gold,  start with the bottom right corner 
~flip the card stock over and emboss again (this gives both corner a perfect balance)
~apply Distress Ink (Pistachio, Picked Raspberry and Festive Berries) with the mini ink applicators
~use the same Distress Ink colors for the heart die
~emboss the intricate die "All my Hearts" with gold embossing powder 2-3 times

Hope you find this helpful in seeing a stamp set like this. For me, the best design is often about doing the least amount of nitty-gritty work (such as coloring) and yet...the design still gives a great impression.
Oh REALLY?  The truth is...I suck at coloring and I am a lazy stamper. I'll take the short cut!
Yea, let's just "keep it real", like Dr. Phil would say. :) 
DSC_0723 (1)
Thanks for stopping by!

PS: if you miss commenting the Winnie & Walter Post (for a chance to win $30 W&W gift card), here are post #1 and post #2.  Good luck!


33 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

this is so lovely, Virginia! And yet another way to use my MISTI - I've been using it much more lately, especially with all of your "coaching" - ha! Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Barb said...

Gorgeous, V! Just gorgeous! ♥

Bonnie said...

I love this gorgeous card, Virginia! I'm all for an easy technique that looks like this! will be trying this!

lostinpaper said...

Oh so beautiful Virginia!

Karen B. said...

I think your coloring is fantastic and what a pretty card!

Lisa said...

STUNNING card!! Love the gold and your pretty colors!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh Virginia, this is just so elegant and lovely! The sponging combined with that perfect gilding creates such a divine effect!

Susanne Vargas said...

How delicate and elegant those gold embossed flowers look! The sponging adds a touch of artsy! Love this card!

Shelly said...

...sigh...Absolutely, gorgeous!!

Vicki Finger said...

So Lovely, Virgina!

Susi Kelly said...

That gold embossing of the fine linear flower images gives this card such elegance, Virginia! The middle detail just adds more eye candy!

Carol McCready said...

That card is so elegant with the gold
embossing.

Harriet said...

You have outdone yourself, Virginia. This card is beautiful. I love your use of gold embossing as well as the lovely rose. Amazing.

Charlene said...

Your cards always have a light, air to them , beautiful!

Patty said...

Very funny!! Thanks for the inspiration...I thought of a set I could try this with as soon as I saw your card!! BTW...I suck a coloring too!!

Annette Allen said...

totally stunning.. perfect embossing..

conil said...

LOVE that color combo but with the gold embossing, it's just elegant. This card is absolutely gorgeous.

jamie vanskiver said...

Simply gorgeous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card, the delicate gold with those colours is gorgeous!

Arina O said...

Hi Ms.Virginia! Beautiful gold embossing! I love gold on anything and so glad it's back on trend! Your cards are so full of color too...very inspiring!
I have an off topic question - I got an email notifying me of your comment but then when I got to the blog, it was gone? I am not that great with this Blogger business so I just want to make sure I didn't mess something up!

Barb Ghig said...

STUNNING card, Virginia...WOW! I love the delicate flowers and leaves in gold and your color combo is just beautiful!

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful Virginia, love the soft colors and the gold makes it so elegant. TFS

Barbara said...

This is really gorgeous!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Strikingly beautiful!

Greta said...

I love the new PB products & now I really want the ones you used, Virginia! The inking with the gold embossing is absolutely stunning!

maria f. said...

Beautiful color choices!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh so beautiful how you used the flowers and how you colored them. Love that you heat embossed them with gold Virginia. That sweet little heart just steals the show.

Deepti said...

Oh my so pretty!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Virginia ... the delicate gold embossed roses are fabulous with the softly sponged colours ... so soft and feminine ... lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Cris G said...

Simply amazing, Virginia! Must be one of my favorites from all the cards you made. Very elegant, the gold embossing with those blended soft colors look soooo good!

Laura Bassen said...

this color combo is like, WOWOWOW! stunning!

C. M. Taylor said...

I love your minimalist touch. Great touch of artist license. Great impact! TFS

Jill said...

I just can't get enough of this elegant card, Virginia! Congrats on being featured on the Penny Black blog as a Fun Friday "Links We Love!"