Monday, January 4, 2016

Inky Tags

Hello friends!
Are you ready to see some inky tags? Ready or not, here you go!  :)
http://www.thetonstamps.com/collections/spotlight/products/rose-terrace-cling-background
I love this large cling stamp "Rose Terrance Garden" from The Ton. I decided to get really inky... and this was my result.
tags
 I started out with stamping the entire stamp with Cracked Pistachio (my favorite Distress Ink). After that, I inked up the roses and the colors got contaminated.... I almost throw the pieces away! I decided to clear emboss the roses and then inked up the roses with striking colors.  I then covered the roses with thin paper and colored the background with blue Distress Inks.
2015-122
I hand-stitched the tags with sequins. Somehow I felt that I had to make something special to match the vibrant colors! To keep it in balanced, I added a few small dots with Pico Embellisher.

Moral of this creative journey: don't give up.
I actually like how the tags turned out!
Thanks for stopping by!
About Craftsy: 
~the Lovely Layers class over Craftsy is at its lowest price right now (click here)
~the new class "Radiant Stamping" is worth checking out (click here)
 

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! Stunning colors Virginia!

Carol McCready said...

Love the colors.

Barb said...

So unique! Wonderful colors, V! Beautiful tags! ♥

Harriet said...

Your colors are excellent, Virginia. I think these tags are super.

Charlene said...

This turned out great!!! I love how you did the sequins on top!

Shelly said...

Oooh, sooo pretty!! Love the colors!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh I love what you have created with that beautiful stamp!
Such a contrast between the very romantic classic pattern and the edgy, colorful tags you've made!!
xx

Karen Petitt said...

Drop dead gorgeous, so happy you didn't bin them and that you shared them with us, the colours are so sprightly and yummy! Karen x

conil said...

Holy moley. Amazing color. These are beautiful. Such vibrancy. My jaw is, once again, hanging open.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful mix of colors! Glad you didn't give up too!

Lisa said...

The depth on these is amazing Virginia!! Beautiful work!!

Dawn Turley said...

these turned out stunningly beautiful Virginia. Love the pistachio colour is very pretty.