Saturday, January 16, 2016

Leading Lady @ Winnie and Walter --Take Three!

Hello there!
Time to share my Leading Lady post over Winnie & Walter
I am excited to share my 3rd post as The January Leading Lady.  I am having SO much fun and keep coming up with lots of ideas as I play. Does that ever happen to you? When you have the “right products,” your ideas simply FLOW. Now that Christmas is over, does that mean you put away your Christmas stamps and dies away? Well, not so fast! Look what I made with some of my Christmas-themed products!

be warned-->super heavy photo/text post. 
First, I came up with a sophisticated masculine birthday card with the Christmas supplies! It all started with the stenciled background by using Peppermint Zone Creative Screening.  The multi-colored stripes were stenciled with Distress inks. I purposely masked off the star (with True Multifaceted Cutaways ) in the center.
DSC_0676

I then embossed the stars from Comfort and Joy. With the added vellum star from the Cutaways, this card came together rather easily.
DSC_0582

 It was embellished with silver DMC strings and tiny star confetti ( Martha Stewart). After making this card, I used similar supplies to create a set of birthday cards. You can never have too many masculine cards on hand, right?
happy birthday

The stars from Comfort and Joy are so versatile! I also chose some pattern paper to make the star dies to create the focal point. To add some hidden bling, I added a gold strip from Goldie Trim Cutaways. It was easy to mass produce once you have all the design elements in place.  
happy birthday (set of cards)

The sentiment is from The Big, the Bold and The Happy. Even though the design is the same, each card is unique and different. And that is the beauty of hand made cards. Next, I have a few art journal pages to share. This flower page is the perfect antidote to make in the middle of winter.
happy day

Making the stencilled background on the top page was just as fun as stamping flowers! I absolutely love the Scenery: Madison Creative Screenings. Those scalloped borders make the page all that much more “happy”! The In Bloom: Anna's Flora stamp set is the ticket to a happy garden scene. I stamped all the flowers and then clear-embossed them with the help of MISTI. You can see a shiny outlines from the clear-embossing - love that!
close-up-002

I colored the images with my Zig Markers. Because it is an art journal page, I totally owned my creative license and did not feel pressured to strive for perfection. I added doily and stenciled paste (Gesso mixed with Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink) at the bottom. The sentiment “discover beauty” is a Rub-On from Ranger.
After making a happy garden page, I was pulled back to the reality! I was inspired by the snow scene near my house and came up with a winter scene. The trees in the wood totally inspired me! And how cool is that Into the Woods Creative Screenings!? I prepared the background with Gesso and Mister Huey Color Mist (see photo below).

After the foundation was covered with the Gesso and dried, I applied the white embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi) all over. Once it was dried, I put the Into the Woods Creative Screenings back in place. Then I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink mixed with Gesso OVER the bottom part of the trees.
2015-12

For the final embellishments, I added sequins and glitter on the “snow.” The sentiment is from the same Rub-on as my previous page. Aren’t our 4 seasons amazing or what? I hope this prompts you to try out new techniques, supplies, and designs.
be still breathe
My last post (whaaat!!!?) is coming up on the 23rd. I know, time flies when you are having fun!

Now...about the $30 Gift Card to Winnie & Walter store:
~leave a comment in this very post
~you have to be my blog follower to qualify for the giveaway
~the more you comment, the more chances to win ( more posts on Jan 23rd)
~one comment per post please
~all comments must be entered by 12:00am, Jan. 26, Eastern Time
~feel free to share this post with your stamping friends

Here are Post #1 and Post #2.
I would love it if you can leave me some love over Winnie & Walter blog
and you can get a peek of next week's post!
I  appreciate each and every comment from you!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

edited: Craftsy's classes are 50% off! This is THE time to sign up if you are considering... Craftsy

47 comments:

Christy Q said...

Wow!!! Virginia, all of these projects are AMAZING!! I love the detail your masculine cards have with the layers and the use of those intricate star diecuts. Super cool and amazing cards!! The colors you used are amazing and the pops of gold on the first two are awesome. Lastly, the snow scene you created just took my breath away - it looks so realistic and reminded me to "breathe" just like your page did. Just incredible!! Thank you for all of the inspiration you have provided this month - can't wait to see what you bring next week!!!

Barb said...

Virginia, I can totally tell you had such fun with these beautiful projects! Seriously amazing work, my friend! The colors, the textures, the designs - each one is so gorgeous! ♥

Miriam Prantner said...

So many great things here! I am loving the card set and the inking on the first card, that last page is just fantastic though, I love that stencil and the multicolored paste, so striking!

Happy Dance said...

Striking creations, Virginia!! I enjoyed every single one of them. You've stretched those W&W Christmas/winter stamps beautifully. Love the masculine cards; I was just thinking about making some this morning, and these are a great inspiration for getting me going on some! Those art journal pages are beautiful!!!The summery feel of the flowers is fantastic in such pretty colors. I love the rainbow sentiment too. But that winter scene you've created has taken my breath away. It's like twilight on a page. I'd frame that one it's so beautiful. Fantastic post. And huge congrats on your Leading Lady spot over at W&W. They must be thrilled with your cards and pages; I know I am! Bev

Karen B. said...

All you cards are amazing, but that last one stole the show!

Susie Locicero said...

Everything you do is awesome. Love the snow scenes!

Susie Locicero said...

Everything you do is awesome. Love the snow scenes!

Susanne Vargas said...

Congrats on your leading lady spot! I absolutely love those starry cards! I won't call them masculine because I love stars and would happily accept one myself! ;)

shelley galvin said...

Beautiful creations. Love the color combinations.

Harriet said...

This post is so encouraging to me. Not only have you made spectacular masculine cards, but you also created in your journal a scene worthy of framing. Wonderful use of products. So often, I begin something only to wonderful why I don't have the stamp I want...well look and you will find. I think your creativity helps me to realize I need to think outside of the box. Thank you.

Kelly Keegan said...

You are so talented! Love all these projects, especially the star birthday card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous cards and art journal pages, Virginia - so many great touches and textures here!!

Lisa said...

Exceptional work here today Virginia!! The movement on your first card is fabulous and your final floral project is just beautiful!!

conil said...

This Leading Lady gig just keeps getting better and better. Love your use of color and dies to create beautifully unique cards. And let's talk about your art journal. Wow, wow, wow...you made your garden, magical and really captured the winter stillness of your forest so perfectly. Very impressive.

Diane Jaquay said...

You're really knocking my socks off with your W&W creations, Virginia! I LOVE your star cards, and now I must add the Peppermint Zone stencil and faceted star to my collection! And I'm loving your mixed media projects, you're really making me want to get back into that (I did it for awhile and enjoyed it so much), but there don't seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything I'd like to do lol! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Helen Gullett said...

WOW Virginia, you are really into mixed media now! That winter wood is GORGEOUS! And the cards are super cool!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Wow Virginia! You have rocked the supplies once again!
Bravo and thank you for all your work. It is quite remarkable!!
xx

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful creations!! Your mixed media creations are awesome!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love all of your creations, Virginia! Those birthday cards are a great design and so genius of you to create a stash! It's great to look at stamps in different ways than we might originally think they were intended!
Your journaling page is so pretty with all of the colour!

Sue D said...

wow--your projects are fantastic. Love the colorful stars.

Melissa Friedrich said...

Wow, so many amazing projects in this one post! Love the multicolored gesso, the star die cut set of cards, the art journal page and all the color combos and layout designs!

Tami said...

Awesome projects!! I love the spring journal page, gorgeous!

sandi said...

Beautiful, love your projects. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

Patty said...

LOVE your peppermint screening card & your journal page is beautiful!!!

cm said...

I'm dazzled with the way you've transformed Christmas themed images into other occasions; the stars are stunning, the winter scene, breath-taking! And your journaling...another round of gorgeous! Your peek of the birds has me intrigued...
~carol

Debbie Peysen said...

In Bloom is a keeper. I love all you unique parts to the page. The last card is awesome. I love it. Thanks

Barb Ghig said...

Really GORGEOUS projects, Virginia! I love how you played with all of the W&W goodies, and your mix of colors is just amazing! Can't wait to see what you have planned for us next week :)

Regina said...

Just love all your work but I really was inspired by your journal pages. This is the year I am going to break down and give the Art Journal a try.

Christine Kosmak said...

Congrats on the leading lady gig, but it's not all that surprising when you produce work such as this! So much inspiration, I've not really been interested in art journaling as such, but after seeing your makes I may just have to try out some myself!!

pcm said...

love love love those star cards!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards and journal pages! Love all that texture!

Lucy said...

Your birthday cards are completely stunning!
Your art journal pages are so bright and full of inspiration.

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia there is so so much eye candy here, you have done some absoutely stunning things with W & W, I will be sorry to see you go.

Rahmat said...

These are all lovely cards, but love the first one more for the colors, and love the journal, and the pictures you shared.

joy said...

Such gorgeous creations! I am in love with your winter scene, Virginia. All of your projects are full of fun ideas and inspiration. Thanks for the tips along the way, too.

Anita in France said...

Your use of that peppermint creative screening is fantastic, Virginia ... such a cool background! Gorgeous colours in those celebratory stars, beautiful journal pages ... one, a summer flower garden, the other a wonderfully frosty winter scene! Brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Marianne said...

Such fabulous projects, Virginia.
I think I need to go and create a few star cards now and also buy that tree stencil...

Miss Marissa said...

It's amazing how you do so many amazing designs with the same elements! Your cards are truly works of art!

Glenda said...

It's HARD to decide what to comment on because it's all so fab-u-lous! I'm partial to the stencil effect you did on the star cards (WOW), but the texture paste and trees blow me away too. Really rich blog...SO many ideas! Thanks!!

Emma Rose said...

Love those star cards! Gorgeous

Tami said...

WOW you are AMAZING Such an inspiration!! I love the vibrant colors in your art.

Patt H. said...

Amazing projects, Virginia! Love, love, love the many colored stripes on the first one especially. They are all really beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us.

mandalj said...

The star birthday cards are beautiful and I really love your page with the snowy trees!

Loly Borda said...

Your stenciled backgrounds are fantastic Virginia! I love your work.TFS

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks, everyone, for your positive comments. The comment to win entries have ended. Good luck!

maria f. said...

Be still. Breathe. Perfect words for an amazing journal page!