Saturday, January 23, 2016

Leading Lady @ Winnie and Walter --Take Four ( LAST)!

Hello friends! 
I can’t believe that this is my last post as Leading Lady. As you can tell from all my posts, I have totally immersed myself in creating with these awesome Winnie & Walter products. So without further ado, let’s start with my first love—card making and stamping.

Warning: photo-heavy post! 
Happy Valentine's Day
Since Valentine’s Day is around the corner, I thought it would be nice to share this card. I have found the Happiest of Holidays and the Into the Woods Creative Screenings  to be quite handy!
DSC_0792 (3)
1. Secure “Into the Woods” over card stock with Washi Tape.
2. Stamp sentiment “love always” from The Big, The Bold and The Happy stamp set over “into the Woods”.
3. Carefully wipe off the stamping on stencil. Apply Distress Inks ( Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Evergreen Bough).
4. Stamp the branch (happiest of Holidays) and add paper-pieced bird.
5. Stamp sentiment and add sequins.
My 2nd project is a colorful one!
from ours to yours
The solid stamps from Our Town are perfect for color layering---this can be done with the help of a stamp positioner such as MISTI. The entire card was stamped and watercolored with Distress Inks. This card would be a great thank-you for a hostess. Speaking of thank-you cards, we can never have too many of them on hand, right?
DSC_0500
I practiced my watercoloring with Mini Scenery:  Multifaceted , Madison and Did You See What I see. I added the bows from Take a Bow Cutaways. The Thanks Cutaway also came in handy!
As I continue with my art journaling, I came up with a few more pages.
2015-121
Paper-piecing the birdies from The Happiest of Holidays was a lot of fun. I stamped the birdies on pattern paper and took them with me on a road trip to cut when I had time on my hands. After I returned home, I put them together on a page and used Gesso and Liquid Pearls to complete the design. The Big, The Bold and The Happy came to the rescue for stamping “so very thankful for friendship”.
so very thankful for friendship
I absolutely love the sunflower image from In Bloom: Anna's Flora!
I completed the design by adding Gold Embossing Paste with the help of The Leaf Effect Creative Screenings.
love life
My last project was such a JOY to create. Mini Scenery: Multigrain is the unsung hero that pulls all the elements together. I colored the flowers and leaves from In Bloom: Anna's Flora with Peerless Watercolor.
you are my joy
 This page is 100% stamped.
you are my joy (2)
As a final note, I hope this post has brightened your day and that you feel inspired to create! My sincere thanks to Shay for inviting me to be the January Leading Lady.
This is the last post for comment to win $30 Gift Card to Winnie & Walter shop.

Now...about the $30 Gift Card to Winnie & Walter store:
~leave a comment in this very post
~you have to be my blog follower to qualify for the giveaway
~the more you comment, the more chances to win (4 is maximum)
~one comment per post please
~all comments must be entered by 12:00am, Jan. 26, Eastern Time
~feel free to share this post with your stamping friends
~the winner will be announced on Jan. 28th post
 
Here are Post #1 , Post #2 and Post #3
I would love it if you can leave me some love over Winnie & Walter blog

edited---->SALE ALERT: Simon Says Stamp Sale (click here)! 
 This is a great chance to get MISTI, Stitched Rectangles...
Have fun shopping in this cold wintery day!  

50 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow, I can tell you were inspired by all of these great W&W products. I'm especially drawn to your first and last project but I also love you paper-pieced bird page.

Susanne Vargas said...

Boy, you have been busy creating! I am swooning over the first card! Love how you stamped on the tree trunks!

Debbie Martinez said...

I love your cards, so cheerful. I only wish I could do such beautiful cards, you truly inspire me.

Karen B. said...

You had me at the first card with the cute bird but then I saw the card a couple down with all the birdies stamped in patterned paper and I sighed out loud at it's beauty.

Laura (sandytoz) said...

You're right, you can never have too many thank you cards.
Thanks for sharing!

Tammy J said...

Gosh can you do anything wrong. LOL All your cards are gorgeous and I love the mini's. That is what I want to do. Thank you so much for sharing your time and talent.

Denise Bryant said...

So many great projects! I really love that first card with the trees and sweet bird, along with the Valentine sentiment! Great color combo too!

Christy Q said...

Wow!! what a way to wrap up your fabulous month with W&W! I love that page with the birds and birdhouses - it reminds me of my backyard this very minute with the birds going nuts over the seed since we have a winter storm pushing through.

jbatik2000 said...

I love these great projects. The Mini Scenery stamps are beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

Harriet said...

Wow, Virginia, you are a real inspiration. I love your bird journaling page, I love birds, your thank you cards are excellent. You are surely one very creative card maker.

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia you and W&W were definitely meant to be. I have love all of your beautiful creations this month!

conil said...

I'd say you've been saving the best for last, but that wouldn't be true. This whole month's Leading Lady assignment has been completely wonderful. Loved this last weeks stencilling project and that colorful houses card...simply fabulous. Then the amazing "thank you" card set...all that glorious color and those sweet bows...Yowza! You really made that journal something to be proud of...each page is a work of art. Wow, that means you really are a Leading Lady.

joy said...

More yummy creations, Virginia! I love the first card so much. And, your journal pages are just so pretty. Thanks for all of your inspiration.

Glenda said...

I love the design and stamps you used with the Our Town card. I'm moving --- and I think that would make a great "new address" card! Thanks for the beautiful colors and inspiration now and always!

Miss Marissa said...

I love the that the trees have words in them! It's so cute!

Joyce Erb said...

Holy cow you sure are moving on from "Leading Lady" with a bang! That is lot of projects. I love all your bright happy colors and can't begin to pick favorites. Thanks for sharing such a multitude of techniques!

Kelly Szafron said...

Beautiful projects! I enjoyed your Winnie and Walter projects congratulations on being their Leading Lady.

Nancy Woolever said...

Beautiful cards

Helen Gullett said...

Love love love lovevall of your colorful cards and fabulous art journal pages, too, Virginia! The creativity you pour into them are amazing. Thank you so much for sharein them and inapiring us to use more the W&W products :)

Melissa Friedrich said...

Love all these colorful projects, gorgeous! Such wonderful techniques on this series, great Leading Lady month, congrats!

pcm said...

you have been playing hard! it's all so wonderful! i need to get my stuff out and play too :)

Dawn Turley said...

beautiful cards Virginia. You have been a great Leading Lady. this lot are stunning.

ShaunaPester Shaunaispink said...

Love to look at your blog! Your cards are all awesome! What a talent you have and you have really inspired me! Thanks for sharing your work!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous cards and pages, Virginia! Just love those colorful little birds!!

Sue D said...

Oh my--love your colorful creations--so pretty!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Lynn Put said...

Wow! All of your cards and projects are so colorful and beautiful! I especially love your bird/birdhouse and sunflower projects. I've never used the Winnie & Walter stamps before but your projects make me feel like I've been missing out.

Emma Rose said...

Love your bird cards. Gorgeous colours and use of products

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

WOW! These are incredible!!! You have outdone yourself! I am totally in awe of your journal pages! You're my papercrafting super hero that's for sure!

Goats4fun said...

I always love to see what you have made. I just love your cards and the Beautiful colors you use.....

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Love these! I'm so glad you wrote good instructions on how to make the birch trees. What a cool effect! I'm totally trying it.

Lisa said...

You've done an amazing job with W&W this month Virginia!! Everything today is incredible, LOVE the first card!!

Marianne L said...

Awesome job with the cards...
love...love...love them :-)

Linda Gorman said...

Amazing!!!! I love all your creations! Very well done!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Another set of fantastic projects! I love all the cards, but those pages are my favorite. I think you may have found a new hobby ;)

Gilda said...

I've really enjoyed seeing your art journal pages, Virginia! The Winnie and Walter stamps you used are awesome. I hope to see you do more pages in the future.

Patty said...

How could you not brighten our day with all those awesome colorful cards & pages?? I LOVE how you stamp & inked the trees in your first card!! That was just awesome & I would never think to do it!! Also specially love your big bold flower card & fabulous birdie friendship page!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, Virginia...what an amazing post! Your cards are so beautiful, and I LOVE how you've been creating in your journal! You have really done a great job as Leading Lady this month...I have enjoyed every post!

Tami said...

WOW that is all I can say. Your creations are unique and very colorful.

Sherry Lee said...

All I can say is WOW Virginia !!! You certainly outdid yourself. These are all fabulous! Keep up the good work, you are certainly
an inspiration to us all!

Michele Henderson said...

I have loved ALL of your pretty Winnie & Walter designs this past month, but today;s is my FAVORITE! You've combined two of my favorite design elements, little house and birds! I love how colorful and cheerful these are, and how truly beautiful as well!
Take Care!
Michele

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous finale, Virginia ... p'raps there'll be an encore too?? Such deliciously bright and vibrant cards ... and gorgeous journal pages ... you are an inspiration ... thank you for a fabulous W&W month! Hugs, Anita :)

Patt H. said...

Gorgeous projects! I love that wonderful prices bird page & the last card really caught my eye. Love the wood grain bkgrnd.

Lucy said...

I'm stunned by all of your creativity!
The colors are all so vibrant in each project!
I don't think I can pick a favorite :-)

Christine Kosmak said...

Oh my gosh, you have been a busy little bee, haven't you!! Wow what an amazing lot of inspiration overload. Love all of the bright colours and your pages are just divine!!

Ingrid said...

WOW - what amazing projects - so much great inspiration all in one post! The first is my favorite - all, really, but it makes me really look at it and think, How did she do that?!! :)

mandalj said...

Love the card with the tree trunks, and the journal page with all the birds (so much patience)! The Thank you cards are beautiful! Thanks for your 4 weeks of inspiration!

Loly Borda said...

Wow! I'm amazed at your creativity and productivity! Awesome cards and pages! TFS

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks, everyone, for your positive comments. The comment to win entries have ended. Good luck!

maria f. said...

Well done, Virginia. So much inspiration! I love your work with that woods stencil.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Just LOVE what you did with those tree trunks!