Thursday, January 21, 2016

Simon Says Stamp January Card Kit

Hello friends!
I have been meaning to share more cards from this January Card Kit. Today's post is a three-fer!!!
s
All three cards have one thing in common , they have the exact same stamps for the background. Basically, I did a little composition by placing the stamps on MISTI and stamped them on three different paper and inks.

Card#1
flurries of thanks
 You know me...I love vellum, alcohol inks and white embossing. It's a no brainer! I created the alcohol-inked background on vellum and did the white embossing. I curved the sentiment and created a banner. And yes, how can I resist in adding strings and sequins for the hot mess look?

Card #2
Sending flurries of love
This one is just fun. I cut out the cute kitty image from the kit and made a simple card. See? All white embossing is exactly the same as #1 (and #3)?


Card #3
sending flurries of love-001
I wasn't sure about white-embossing on the pattern paper, but the cute images from the kit really made you want to smile! I added the glitter tape (included in the kit) and sequins. How easy is that!?

Here are all the 5 cards that I made with this very monthly kit.
You can see the two previous cards here.
5 cards, one kit
I know that I can keep going...but you get the idea :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

Barb said...

Love these darling cards, V! All of them are wonderful but if I had to pick a fave, it would be the first one. That alcohol inked background is gorgeous! ♥

Karen B. said...

Amazimg cardz! Really shows the diversity of the kit and your style.

Cindy C. said...

All so delightful! Bet you got a head start with this year's holiday using this lovely kit!! :) Thanks for the inspirations Virginia!

wienerhoneymooners said...

FUN, love all the blues!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia I just love all of your cards with this kit! I love Doodlebug so much and this kit is just dreamy all in blue!

Harriet said...

You sure got your use from this set. I love them all, each is unique and that's what makes your cards intriguing. When I mass produce cards-mainly birthday for the vets-I often start by contemplating..."what would Virginia do"...and often come up with different design and color combos using the same stamp. A big help for me.

Melissa Friedrich said...

Gorgeous cards, love the white embossing on patterned paper, I gotta try that!

Gloria Lee said...

Just fantastic!
Love this color!!!

conil said...

Wow! You amaze me with your versatility again. The translucent effect on your 1st card is so dreamy and beautiful. And the fund 2nd card with the sentiment around the border made me grin. And of course, the placement of sequins over glittery goodness is just perfect for your 3rd card. You've been a busy girl.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love all the cards you have created my Friend!
You make the kit irresistible!!
xx

Suchi said...

What an array of stunning cards!! Beautiful!!! :)
Suchi xx

Carol McCready said...

The cards look fantastic. Love the kit.