Monday, January 25, 2016

so many stamps, so little time...

Yeah, that is my first world problem. 
I never thought that I would have so many stamps and so little time! OK, maybe we should say...there is never enough stamps and time in the day.
Yeah, MUCH better!
b

This Altenew stamp "Beautiful Lady" is not in the latest new release...but it is new to me. Since we have tons of hydrangea in my yard, I actually do not have any hydrangea stamp! Time to correct that!
I ordered this set from Simon Says. It arrived quickly and then it was patiently waiting for me. Until one day, I finally got the "courage" to ask the stamps out and we had a GREAT date :) 

HAPP BIRTHDAY

I tried my very best to keep the colors soft and pretty. I tend to overdo it and have a heavy hand when it comes to adding colors! 
DSC_0884
For a touch of feminine feel, I added a small piece of doily, strands of silver strings and sequins. I also used a piece of pattern paper to highlight the colors of the hydrangea. Love the process!
Tips for beginners: If you have never used Distress Inks to color image, just dab the Distress Ink pads on acrylic block. With a small paint brush or water brush (such as this), it is easier than you think. Do wet the surface of the watercolor paper first and start playing...

Last but not the least...in case you are in a shopping mood.
SALE ALERT: Simon Says Stamp Sale (click here)! 
 This is a great chance to get MISTI, Stitched Rectangles...

Thanks for stopping by!


18 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, Virginia! This is beautiful! Love the different shades of purple from your water coloring and adding the piece of doily has such a pretty effect! (I have a tough time staying soft with my colors too.) ♥

Tracey McNeely said...

What a beautiful stamp and card Virginia! Your watercolouring is spot on!

lostinpaper said...

Oh so beautiful Virginia, you can totally rock a flower!

Dawn Turley said...

A totally beautiful card. Love the soft colours with the bolder purple and the other feminine touches.

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Virginia! I really love the colours, especially that pop of purple against the other softer colours!

Lynn said...

Beautiful. Love your soft water coloring Virginia!

Teresa Doyle said...

What a beautiful card Virginia and thanks for the water colouring tip at the end. It is a good reminder for those of us just learning. Water colouring is what I aim to learn this year and I need all the tips I can get! LOL
A great job!

Karen B. said...

So beautiful! I need a MISTI!

Cris G said...

Just beautiful, Virginia! Love the painterly look.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Gorgeous! Glad you got to play!

Cindy C. said...

It's a jaw dropping beauty Virginia!! Love your watercolours!!

Ingrid said...

What a beautiful card Virginia! Love the detail. :)

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful card Virginia! I love those colors. TFS

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So gorgeous! Love the colors!

conil said...

Looks to me like you colored those hydrangeas perfectly...have some right outside my window exactly like them. What stands out to me is the other colors you used on this lovely panel. That and emblishments make for gorgeous card.

alexandra s.m. said...

Fantastic card Virginia!
I love your watercoloring!!
and you always make me giggle ;)
Hugs~

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh, so gorgeous!

jan metcalf said...

Love this happy card!