Friday, January 1, 2016

SSS January Monthly Card Kit--TWO cards!

Happy New Year! 2016 is HERE! :) 
s
December was a busy month for posting Christmas cards...it's time to share something new from the January 2016 Card Kit. This kit is delightful, fun and whimsical.
If you are wondering how the monthly subscription kit works, check out the details here. 
s

The stamp set "Cute Snowflakes" IS cute! I love that it kind of goes with the upcoming Valentine's theme, too! 

My first card is all about stamping and...a few sticker images really help, too.
I used my trusty MISTI to do the color variation.
Sending flurries of love
After the colorful stamping, I used the glitter tape (included in the kit) by tearing half off and used it to ground the penguin image.

My 2nd card's inspiration came from the igloo image. The Doodlebug stickers area great addition in this kit.  I decided to use the circle Spellbinder to create a shaker card. I followed the size of the igloo and the rest was easy to assemble once I had the idea...
sending flutrries of thanks
Those cute snowflake sequins (also from the kit) are really handy. I snug one penguin inside the shaker and added the cute snowman on the outside! I love the sentiment as they are perfect for wintery days like today.
sending flurries of thanks
 I hope this helps you to get some ideas about this kit.
Please ....YOU MUST STOP BY TOMORROW as I have a fun share and a giveaway!!!

edited photo of today (the view from my front door)
Hope you have a GREAT New Year's Day! Thanks for the visit!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute cards!

Harriet said...

Ah, Virginia, wonderful way to begin 2016 -- a big smile for your cards. Thank you.

conil said...

Well,I'll be...you put that kit to good use. Love that you included those precious, colorful penguins. Tearing that tape and incorporating those tiny hearts into your stamping were strokes of brilliance. And that igloo shaker...GENIUS!

Lisa said...

A pair of cute wintery cards Virginia!! Happy New Year!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia! I love the multicoloured snowflakes! I am definitely going to CASE those!! :-)

Happy New Year
luv
Lols x x x

Happy Dance said...

Great cards to start the New Year off right, Virginia! Absolutely adorable! Love those snowflake stamps and those amazing snowflake sequins. Fun wintery colors too. These are just so sweet; love 'em!! Happy New Year to you and yours! May 2016 be filled with blessings and joy. Bev

Clare said...

These are so cute! What a fun way to starts off 2016! Happy new year!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Very sweet cards! Loving the multicolored inking and the igloo shaker