Thursday, January 7, 2016

Sympathy Cards

Hello friends!
Over the holidays we got together with our long-time friends. It was so nice and comforting to be with old friends! Over the dinner, our two physician friends requested me to make10 sympathy cards for them. I guess they do need more sympathy cards than most people, unfortunately.

After I got home, I got right to work and this was what I came up with.
set of sympathy cards
 I wanted to create cards that still have details, minimal layers, but require little time to create. I took out my MISTI and started mass stamping. I used small ink pads to stamp because it is the fastest way to get instant result. The set "Winged Beauty" from Penny Black and Ori-kami (sentiment) from Altenew seem to make a great duo! Who knew!?
sympathy cards
Mission accomplished in about an hour. Not bad, eh?


Thanks for stopping by!




15 comments:

Rose said...

Your cards are so lovely and the sentiment is beautiful. Amazing result for an hours work!

Barb said...

Beautiful set, V! They'll really appreciate them, I'm sure! ♥

Katie said...

Virginia, they are fortunate to have such a talented friend! The cards are beautiful.

Karen B. said...

These are beautiful!

Shelly said...

They're beautiful, Virginia!

Happy Dance said...

I'm sure your physician friends will find these to be the perfect card to send out. They have a lovely message, and the design and colors work for everyone. They are just beautiful. Definitely 'mission accomplished!' Bev

Annette Allen said...

wow these are stunning.. She will love them.. 10 sympathy cards is a lot.

Regina said...

Beautiful cards. The sentiment is really all you have after a death and it something to hang onto. Love it!

Harriet said...

Lovely cards, Virginia. You are very kind and generous to make cards for your friends. I find sympathy cards very difficult -- these are perfect.

memobox said...

Hello! You make wonderful cards =) Have you ever thought about making your own website, not on blogspot?

conil said...

You chose the perfect sentiment for these beautifully designed cards. They're sure to bring a bit of comfort to anyone suffering a loss. So lovely.

jamie vanskiver said...

This is such a beautiful set of cards!

Carol McCready said...

Your cards are beautiful. I am sure they will be
appreciated.

Lisa said...

Such pretty cards Virginia!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! These are simply beautiful Virginia!
I know they will bring comfort because beside their beauty, they have the "Virginia's Touch" and that better than Midas' ;)