Monday, January 25, 2016

Waffle Flower Challenge

Hello friends! Sorry for the frequent posting, but there is a deadline to be met... :)
I have been wanting to play this challenge over Waffle Flower and the deadline is coming up fast and furious...only a few house left as I write this post. So... this morning, I came up with a design!

Here are the themes for January challenge 
 I was quite inspired by the themes and my stamp and die stash seems to be perfect for this opportunity. I used my favorite Waffle Flower Die "Doily Circle" as a stencil. I know that a lot of dies aren't cheap, this one is no exception. BUT if you think you can you use the die as a stencil, then you definitely will get your money's worth!
s
 My result.
I stamped the sentiment with "In Every Way"
don't forget to be
About this card:
~use a die as a stencil. I used a light/medium weight card stock for easy stenciling/inking.
~curve the sentiment "don't forget to be". Why?...Why not ;)
~add embossing paste with the help of  "DIY stencil"
~don't forget to add "glitter"!

I took a shot of the supplies that I used and my "DIY stencil"
I also want to remind you that...
DSC_0888 (1)
"Don't forget to be Awesome"
Thanks for stopping by!

In case you are in a shopping mood.
edited: SALE ALERT: Simon Says Stamp Sale (click here)!  (sale is over)

 This is a great chance to get MISTI, Stitched Rectangles...


20 comments:

Rahmat said...

And you have nailed the challenge Virginia. I love it.

Karen B. said...

So beautiful! And deadlines are important! No apologies necessary!

Lynn said...

Love the sentiment and all the purple shimmer is awesome!

~amy~ said...

Super pretty!!

Lisa said...

Lovely card Virginia, the lilac colors are wonderful!!

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Virginia, your card itself looks amazing! Love everything - from the color-combination over the curved sentiment to the sparkling details! :-)
Great job!
Impressed greetings, Wiebke

Sharon Jones said...

Virginia, you totally ROCKED this challenge, Sistah! I just love your card and the way you "curved" your sentiment! I forget to do that, and it adds so much more pizzaz to a card!!!
Mwah!

Cindy C. said...

Wow fabulous project!!

Annette Allen said...

wow Virginia this card is stunning.. Love how you added just a bit of Embossing paste.. Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Crafts January Challenge.

Kelly Szafron said...

Lovely card, very awesome 😀

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome card, just like you!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!! LOVE it!
Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

conil said...

What an amazing entry for those challenges...it hits all the right notes. Color, design, expert embellishment. This is a lovely one.

alexandra s.m. said...

Superb card Virginia!!
Love the purples, so mysterious...

LauraJane:) said...

SUPER to see you playing along with the STENCIL challenge at Waffle Flower Crafts! LOVE the shades of purple:))

Greta said...

Love your DIY stencil & beautiful card, Virginia!

Laura Bassen said...

so brilliant!!! LOVE this as a stencil almost more than a die!

Marcie Sharp said...

Oh Virginia...all the heart eyes for this one. :) :) So pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Waffle Flower Crafts challenge!

Daria G. said...

That is so-so beautiful and so creative!!!! I also love how you curved the sentiment - looks really playful, yet elegant! Thanks for joining us at Waffle Flower Challenge!

Nina Yang said...

This is gorgeous, Virginia!