Thursday, January 28, 2016

Winner Announcement and a Textured Card

Hello friends!
First of all, thank you for all your wonderful feedback and comments on my Leading Lady Feature. You tirelessly commented on my 4 posts and Winnie & Walter Blog, I am very grateful for that. 
Result: post #1 (70 comments), post #2 (61 comments), post #3 (45 comment), post #4 (
47 comments)

 The winner of the $30 Gift card to Winnie & Walter shop goes to....
(drum roll, please....)
 the Random. org chose
post #1
comment #49
Karen Petitt said...I have been wondering for the past year if I could create my own journal with the supplies that I already own. Thank you so much Virginia for sharing this with us as I now know what I want to recreate next. We don't get art/craft/papercraft/ stamping supplies as quickly as you get in the USA and they are more money too but I know I have most of the supplies to try this myself Karen xx
I have a simple card to share today.
hello
 I have a stack of burlap paper and can never use enough of it. I thought the burlap goes quite well with the sunflowers. This was one of the projects that I made for the Leading Lady feature. I didn't think it was "good enough" for the feature...well, it's good enough for TODAY! LOL. 
Thanks for stopping by!

Edited: In case you noticed that your blog followers number has dwindled all of a sudden, here is the reason why. No need to panic... I'm just gonna keep clam and carry on blogging. I have lost 31 so far and counting. :)


11 comments:

Karen B. said...

A perfect pairing indeed! Beautiful card!

Dotty Jo x said...

Gorgeous card... Just what I needed on such a chilly day, Jo x

Teresa Doyle said...

A beautiful card Virginia and Congratulations to your winner!

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous card! Oh my goodness, I had no idea Virginia, I commented because I loved what you have created and the techniques you used lol!
Thank you so much. I have hunted around, and it's probably my lack of skills but I can't find your email. Is it on here or somewhere else? My email is the following, but the symbols and spaces should not used:
starbase 31 'full stop' kp 'at symbol' gmail 'full stop' com

As I've mentioned I don't have great computer skills but I will keep looking to see if I can find it Karen x

Greta said...

I follow you in Feedly & didn't use the Blogger dashboard anyway. Very few people who signed us to follow me ever come to my blog as far as I can tell, so I'm with you--no worries! LOVE this card, Virginia!

Shelly said...

Congrats, Karen!!
And such a beautiful card, Virginia!
..sigh...I noticed losing some followers, too. Though, I'm with you...just keep carrying on. ;)

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your card Virginia!
I can't believe Blogger did this to us...I've lost over 65 and counting!
xx

Harriet said...

Unique card, I agree the burlap does wonders for the sunflower. I say unique because the texture of burlap really adds to the "punch" of your card. I like it very much it's happy.

conil said...

You just keep making these amazing an unique cards. Want your imagination instead of this pinball machine in my head. The background is lovely to showcase your sentiment and focal point. And that burlap is the perfect frame for that sunflower.

Keren Baker said...

So lovely - such a happy bright card with gorgeous burlap. Superb! xx

Lisa said...

Terrific texture on your card Virginia, very pretty!