Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Card with Textures

Hello friends! I have a fun card to share today. 
It is made with the (new to me) Next Level Embossing Folder (Woven).
I love it when I get to use a new product, do YOU? :)
s
I started out to create a background with the embossing folder. I happened to have an old hard sponge to ink up the woven surface. With my little old Cuttlebug, I use Crafting Mat (shim) instead of two B plates that I normally use for embossing folder. The Next Level Embossing Folder is thicker than the older versions of embossing folders. However, it is just as easy to use.
thanks-001
 I love the instant result from the embossing folder. I purposely left the center uncolored.  The white embossed flower was colored with Spectrum Aqua markers. I chose them because I have all variations of yellow in my stash. They really are easy to use and price is reasonable. 
close-up

If you have not discovered the 3-D effect from the Next Level Embossing Folder, this is one product to watch out for. I have more cards to come with this particular set of embossing folders.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

16 comments:

Karen B. said...

Woah that is some serious embossing! Such beautiful texture and card!

Carole said...

Lovely card and really like the embossing folder x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous texture, Virginia, and I love how you colored the white embossed flower!!

Barb said...

I love it, V! Great idea to ink it up before embossing - the result is gorgeous! ♥

Sharon Jones said...

Wow, this is seriously gorgeous, Virginia!!! I love how you sponged that embossing and your flower makes me swoon, gf! :)

Harriet said...

Lovely card, Virginia, and the embossing is excellent. I love everything about this card--colors, embossing--everything!!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Thank you for the inspiration, V! Now I can't wait to partially color my 3D e/fs like this! It's gorgeous, especially with that sensational flower!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Lynn said...

Oh all that texture is amazing Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

It's a gorgeous card Virginia and so well thought out!
Love the colors as well ;)

conil said...

Absolutely fabulous. Amazing texture looks just right with that gorgeous chrysanthemum you colored. Love these folders.

Linda said...

Beautiful!!

Lisa said...

Wow, what a great embossing folder! Beautiful card Virginia!!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh so pretty. Love that embossing folder too!

Miriam Prantner said...

That flower is gorgeous and I love the inking on the embossing.

Laura Bassen said...

oh wow! love this texture!

Misty Elam said...

Lovely card!! I love what you did to the woven part.