Sunday, February 14, 2016

A CAS Card ( with a Colorful Twist) and More

 Hello friends!
This post is a Two-fer! My first card was made from Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit. This is my 9th card from this kit, I believe. I created a simple watercolor sentiment and used much of the elements from the kit. The additional use of doily seems fitting, too!
DSC_0929 (3)

It is so worth the price of subscription if you are considering one (details here). The latest March kit is so pretty and is now available here. I have yet to receive mine.
 This is my entire collection made with the February kit.
DSC_0948

My 2nd card was initially made for Simon Says Stamp One Layer Challenge.
s
However, if you ask any One Layer purists, this barely qualifies as one layer. It was bugging me a bit, in the end, I had a re-do (see here). I guess I was just slightly obsessed..... LOL

I heart you ( SSS, Feb 10)
The flowers were created with Peerless watercolors. I felt that the card needs a little "something"...so I added some black ink splatter. I simple used Wink of Stella Black and squeezed in more ink and then splashed onto the card stock. Really simple and effective.

I heart you (Feb 10, SSS)
Have Have you joined the One Layer Challenge? If you use a die embellishments for a One layer, it's totally fine! :)  I hope that you enjoy this post. 

Thanks for stopping by!  


9 comments:

Karen B. said...

I was unable to comment on your previous post, so I'd just like to say those were fabulous cards too. I can't believe the awesome cards you created with the February kit, you really knocked it out of the park!

Lisa said...

I agree with Karen, you hit a HOMERUN with this kit and all of those amazing cards!!

mimijudy1975 said...

Virginia, Happy Valentines Day ! You made so many beautiful and sweet cards with the February Kit. So much variety. I love to see how creative you are. I haven't purchased the kits yet,but each time I see your cards I'm wishing I had. I know I would look forward to getting a kit each month.

Barb said...

Amazing cards using the kit, Virginia and love how you painted that die - so beautiful! ♥

windinstarsranch said...

This post really says a lot about the value of the SSS kits. Of course talent helps. Nice job. And I just love SSS kits.

conil said...

Gracious, you really used up that kit...it is a good one. Love the papers in it, especially the one on your first card. It's so cool that you were able to match your watercolor piece so perfectly. I can see why you've used the paper smooches die so much, it's so versatile. Everything you've done with it is magical. Who says obsession isn't a good thing.

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! You have stretched that kit with brio Virginia!
Hope you had a sweet day yesterday
Hugs~

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You maxed out that kit!!! So much fabulousness in one post! Your one-layer card - I'm a purist here, but the coloring - swooning over it! Amazing!!!

Renee said...

All of these are very beautiful cards!