Monday, February 1, 2016

An Interesting Pair-up

Hello friends!
DSC_0913 (2)
I have a fun card to share today with an unlikely duo.
s
Lattice Grid (Simon Says Stamp)
and
s
 Texting ( Simon Says Stamp)
You can see why watercoloring remains to be popular...I had so much fun coloring the grid with Peerless Color. I imagine Distress Inks, Zig Markers, Distress Markers, Koi...will all work beautifully as well. I felt this "color therapy" was much needed since we are in the middle of dead winter in my part of Canada. The colors give me such a lift ..... do you feel the same?
miss you

The good old-fashioned white embossing on watercolor card stock never fails to a good result. All you add is colors and water! I placed a piece of vellum and popped up the cut sentiment...done! While I was at it, I added all sorts of yummy colored sequins.
Hope you like this happy card. Thanks for stopping by!

PS: I know we are all are too busy to comment sometimes. But for those who do comment, thank you! You really keep me going. xoxo

FYI: I was asked if this card was inspired by Online Card Class taught by Laura Bassen. I am a huge fan of my friend Laura.  However, I did create this card on a whim. Sadly, I am not taking the latest Online Card Class. I am too cheap and our super low Canadian dollar is not helping.

15 comments:

Milka Gubo said...

Beautiful card Virginia! Love the design, colors, how you put everything together.... :o) TFS and have a great day! :o)

moomoo said...

Hi Virginia, I look at your blog everyday, it's one of the first I look at, but never comment. But today I thought I would!! Love you card and all your work in fact, your projects are always so beautiful. Love the little chat you put with your projects!! Thank You.

Riswana Fathima said...

What a vibrant and cheerful card :) luvd it <3

nlwilson46 said...

One of my favorite go to methods for a card! Fun way to play with color & always gives a good result! Here in Minnesota it's dull & dreary also. I've been making placemats for new dishes received for Christmas. Now that January is over, time to play with red hearts for Valentine's Day. My favorite month actually. My birthday, Valentine's Day & wedding anniversary! I enjoy your cards so much.

cm said...

Hi Virginia, yes, I'm one who has fallen exponentially behind in commenting, but your cards, which I see via Feedly, receive plenty of gazing and admiration, which I place into 'thought bubbles' and send to you telepathically! Hope you receive them! Goal: to comment more often. Today's card: stunning! Watercolouring and I just don't get along (causes me stress!), but seeing what you've done...maybe I'll bring out the Zigs and give them one. more. try. You've lifted the Alberta 'winter blues' immensely with this gem!
Hugs~carol

Suzanne said...

I love all your cards!!! And those pretty colors do lift the spirit in the blahs of a Montreal winter. Thank you for the constant inspiration.

Virginia Lu said...

~Milka, good to see you here!!! :)
~Moomoo, Riswana, nlwilson46, Suzanne: Thank you for taking the time to let me know that you are "out there" and enjoy seeing my work. This makes me happy!
~cm: you always leave me such kind and thoughtful comments. I so appreciate them!

Karen B. said...

A wonderful spot of brightness to start my day. Lovely and happy card.

Susanne Vargas said...

Yes, colors lift me up, too! And making beautiful backgrounds like you did! Fun card!

conil said...

Always love watercolor over white embossing...especially when it's in rainbow tones. Love that you used the texting stamp set.

Harriet said...

Your card is such an inspiration to me. The colors are great as we, too, in Michigan share the drabs with you in Canada although today is sunny. Sometimes, for me at least, the tried and true is my comfort. Thanks Virginia for giving our eyes a lift.

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the colors!

Barb said...

I love that Grid Background stamp! Beautiful colors, Virginia and the texting sentiments look so cute!

Varada said...

I love how you paired the grid witht the text stamps! Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

Laura Bassen said...

this really caught my eye!!! LOVE that geometric resist!!!