Tuesday, February 9, 2016

CAS card with Minimum Coloring

Hello friends!
If you are here for Nina-Marie's 1000 You Tube Subscriber's Blog Hop, please click here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
s
I am sharing a quick card that requires minimum effort in coloring and yet it yields to a decent result. This hydrangea image from Altenew's "Hello Beautiful" has beautiful details. It is the kind of stamp that you can get away without much coloring. 
sending love
I took out my ink dabber and sponged the center of the flowers lightly and that pretty much was it!! For the leave, I used tiniest bit of water and ink! I did stamp the Basic Stripes for the interst and layer the silver DCWV paper over with sequins and thread. Sometimes it's good just to make a quick card that has an impact but with minimum effort.

Here's my previous card with the same stamp set.
HAPP BIRTHDAY

(click on the photo and it will take you to the post)

Lastly, to celebrate their1,000th online class, Craftsy is giving you the chance to get 50% off the most commonly 'wishlisted' classes!
Craftsy
 That class you have had your eye on for a while might just be on sale. Why not see for yourself and browse these deals before they're gone? Hurry, the offer ends Thursday (click here)
Thanks for stopping by! 

10 comments:

Pam said...

Very pretty. i really like the added interest the top brings to this sweet card.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I like that - minimum effort - great result!!

Karen B. said...

Lobe these pretty blooms!

Harriet said...

So beautiful Virginia. I read then read again ... what did you stamp with? I can "see" the outline along the stems, that's what I wonder about. I think using a Misti on the flower then cleaning and using something to stamp the stem. I am confused.

Virginia Lu said...

Sorry to confuse you, Harriet! Thank you for always commenting and noticing little things :)! You can definitely use a MISTI (which is much easier). At the time, I inked up two different areas with two different inks ( ex. apply pink ink to the hydrangea and green ink to stem and then stamp!). I used the Fiskar Stamp Press at the time :) Hope this helps.

conil said...

LOVE hydrangeas...and you always do them up so well. Love this "easy" coloring technique. I feel Spring when I look at this gorgeous card.

Charlene said...

So pretty!! I love the silver glitter and stripes, adds a lot of interest!

Ashwini Rao said...

Pretty pretty pretty! Love the flowers, the silver glitter and the string behind the sequin on top!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous Virginia! I find the concept of minimal coloring very appealing!
xx

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful, just the touch of coloring is perfect and I love the sparkle!