Friday, February 26, 2016

DIY Coloring Page

Hello friends!
Do you own coloring books?
 I didn't want to jump on the coloring book craze last year, but my family did. You see, they gave me "Secret Garden" for my birthday last December. Sadly, I only did one page. I was too lazy to color the entire page and my copic markers are too limited. So.....just don't tell my family (wink!).

I think it is best to create your own coloring page with stamps. You can choose your favorite images and use the paper that you prefer. In this case, I prefer water-coloring.

Miniature Florals II from Clearly Besotted
s
I created a coloring page with these delicate flowers. They are just the right size for coloring. 
hello beautiful-001
I did white embossing with the floral stamps. The floral and stem images were colored in Spectrum Aqua Markers.
close-up-003
 The special secret agent for this card is Molotow Art Masking Liquid Marker. I masked the flowers and leave and stems with Molotow. 

hello beautiful
After leaving them to dry, I applied Distress Inks and water to color the entire background. It was really fun to add color with a piece of acetate. I didn't want to spend more time working on the sentiment, so I resorted to a easy solution: sticker sentiment, vellum and sequins.
hello beautiful
I really enjoy creating this coloring page and will definitely do it again soon.
Thanks so much for stopping by!



26 comments:

Suchi said...

Oh! This card is beautiful! Great coloring and background! :)
Suchi xx

Rahmat said...

Oh wow, I also have the Secret garden coloring book. I did color few pages, each page takes forever to color, but a good get away fort he evenings. I haven't touched it in a while though.
your stamped and colored images are so pretty Virginia, you never cease to inspire!!

Barb said...

Virginia, this is one of the prettiest cards you've ever created! Just love the variety of gorgeous colors! Fantastic card! ♥

Karen B. said...

So so so gorgeous! One of my new favorites!

CONNIE BROOKS said...

This card is so beautiful.

Susanne Vargas said...

This is a work of art that you created there! Beautiful!

creatingincolors said...

What a beautiful card! The person who receives that will be very happy!

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully coloured!!! Love it!!

LauraJane:) said...

SOOOO CHEERFUL!!

jan metcalf said...

Oh, just lovely!

Kristen said...

This may just be my favorite card of yours ever! So pretty!

Barbara said...

I think it is more fun to create your own coloring pages. This is beautiful!

Harriet said...

Oh my, Virginia, this card is extraordinary. The colors, softness...a true work of art. Lovely, not enough words to tell you how lovely this card is and such a delight for my winter eyes.

donna mikasa said...

Hello, beautiful card! Love this so much, V! Even your photo set ups are stunning! Happy weekend to you! ♥

conil said...

Oh my...this is absolutely gorgeous. What an amazingly beautiful card. You definitely don't need a coloring book when you can do this. It's truly exquisite.

pcm said...

gorgeous!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so gorgeous, Virginia! I love it!
I haven't gotten into the colouring book craze either -- I'd much rather play with my stamps/supplies.... ;)

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW Virginia, this card is just STUNNING! Absolutely BeaUtiful!

Happy Dance said...

This is my favorite card of yours. It's moved into the #1 spot. It. Is. Gorgeous. The embossing, watercoloring, and the acetate inked background is phenomenal. I can't stop looking at it! Soooooo beautiful. LOVE this. Bev

Lisa said...

Stunning card Virginia!!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful reminder that Spring is right around the corner! Gorgeous watercoloring!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you created your own coloring and the background i beautiful!

Laura Bassen said...

stunning, just beautiful color!

Stephanie said...

My goodness, just absolutely beautiful <3 Thank you!! :D xxx

maria f. said...

This is so beautiful. I could just disappear into the wonderful world your card presents.

Team Clark said...

This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing the tip on the masking marker. Love the end result!