Friday, February 5, 2016

Maximize the Use of Pattern Paper


 Hello Beautiful 
that is the name of the stamp :)

 I just want to mention to you that...
s
Simon Says Stamp is celebrating 13 years in business! Wow, isn't that something?! edited: For this special celebration, use code THIRTEEN to get 13% off all Simon Branded products! This does not include the Card kit or Card kit subscription. ( sale is over).

 I hope that you are not tired of seeing my Valentine's cards.
Here are my previous posts with the Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit.
  Part 1 (2 cards),  Part 2 (2 cards),  Part 3 (2 cards) and today's post is Part 4
happy V. Day
There is nothing too special about this card except... that I created the entire background with assorted pattern paper. How do you do that?Just take a piece of light card stock and adhere the pattern paper ( cut in strips, rectangles or squares). Once you have the entire background covered (roughly 5"x 6") and then use a large die such as Stitched Rectangles.
sweetheart
I absolutely love the heart pattern paper. However, to make the design look cohesive with my gold hearts, I simply gold-embossed the hearts on the pattern paper. I think it worked!!?

I hope these two cards give you some extra ideas on using pattern paper.
Hope you are having a splendid day! Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a cool tip and a fantastic card!

Lisa said...

Pretty cards Virginia! Great way to use up those left over bits on the first one. Love the pretty gold hearts on the second!

alexandra s.m. said...

I think it more than "worked" (<= boy, that's awkward)
I love them both but the second one definitely wows me ;o)
HUgs~

Barb said...

Love these fab cards, V! I can tell you're loving the kit and having fun playing with it! ♥

Kelly Szafron said...

Very pretty cards, I like seeing how you use patterned paper.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Wow, great cards!!

Dotty Jo x said...

Fabby cards! Jo x

Harriet said...

Brilliant use of pattern paper. Love this card.

Brenda said...

I love that you are not shy to use your patterned paper Virginia! I always have the intention to use mine abundantly on my cards, but when I sit down and look at the paper and the idea I have for my card, I simply see no place to fit it in! Anyway, I must just continue trying! Thanks for the inspiration!

conil said...

You really are having a wonderful time with this kit. Both of these cards are wonderful. LOVING the patchwork of patterned paper on the first. Look terrific with those puffy stickers. Then the brilliance of embossing on that sweet heart paper, well, it just looks fantastic.

Annette Allen said...

your cards are so fun.. I love how you used all that patterned paper on the first.. looks awesome

Jinny Newlin said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! So festive and fun, and I adore the sheen on those gold hearts!