Friday, February 5, 2016

Paper-Piercing with a Die

Hello friends!
s
Love is Growing thin die from Penny Black is quite dandy!
I decided to try paper-piecing this die.
lots of love

I die cut 5 images with the green pattern paper and a few pink and peach-colored hearts (all from Basic Grey Paper). I then pieced them together on card stock. In order to make the images more "lively", I ink-splattered white acrylic paint in the background with the help of a small paint brush.  
lots of love
I added tiny hearts (also from the "Love is Growing" die).
I hope this inspires you to use pattern paper with your dies.
Thanks so much for stopping by!


7 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia. It's such fun to paper piece die cuts

Susanne Vargas said...

Great idea to paper piece die cuts! Very pretty card!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh my Virginia, all your paper piecing is gorgeous! Wonderful idea : ) It really looks like you've just walked into a field of love!

Gloria Lee said...

Wow! So beautiful!

conil said...

What an amazing job of paper-piecing. So intricate and lovely. Great use for pattern papers, it adds interest and a bit of texture to the end product.

sandi said...

Beautiful

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Virginia ... delicate, dreamy and so lovely ... fab paper piecing! Hugs, Anita :)