Saturday, February 27, 2016

Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit ( Take 1)

Hello friends!
s 
As soon as the latest monthly March Card Kit arrived, I got busy and had a blast playing with the new stamps and dies. This kit is full of cute elements and images. It really makes Spring come to my corner a little faster. I am not telling you how many I made yet...but it's a lot
You can find out the Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit Subscription here.

Here is the first one from my simple stamping. 
Hugs
Anything pastel suggests Spring. So it was easy to come up with a happy color combo.

It's been a while since I have this Creative Light Bulb feature...time to bring it back! 

Ding--->the trick to stamping a balanced (seemingly random) border/background is to use a slightly larger card stock than the usual size (5 1/2" x 4 1/4"). After stamping the entire background, you can then trim down the uneven area to achieve a balanced design. In this case, I used Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangle Layers. Stitched Dies like these make the polished design easy to create.

My 2nd card is simple cute shaker card.
you are my kind of peeps
Every time you have an open shape die, you pretty much CAN create a shaker card. I doubled-up the fun foam to make room for more sequins. However, in hindsight, I didn't put enough sequins!!! After I put the whole thing together, I wanted to break it out and add more sequins. BUT, I realized I was running risk of ruining it all. So I left it as it is. I know better next time!
close-up-004
 A card like this totally makes the receiver smile, right? Shaker cards are so worth it!

One of the goodies that come with this kit is one pink Distress Crayon. Recently I got a set of Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. I  will share my thoughts and how I used them with the card kit. More on that later. Thanks for stopping by!


17 comments:

Karen B. said...

Oh my the cuteness! Two fabulous cards!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such cute cards! I love the peep stamp set and your shaker is so sweet and CAS.

~amy~ said...

sooooooo cute!

Cindy C. said...

So cute!!! These cards make me "hoppy"!! :)

Harriet said...

Although those marshmallow "things" are supposed to be a treat, I've got to say your card is a real treat.

conil said...

Can't you just feel the earth moving and Spring rearing her beautiful head? I can. This stamp set and kit seem to made for it. Love the peeps and the way you framed that adorable sentiment...also thing your 2nd card is just right. Who says the aperture has to be chock full of sequins and beads, anyway.

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE your Peep shaker! thanks for the BG light-bulb moment:)

Annette Allen said...

oh my these cards are so cute.. i love that little peep.. your color combos are perfect.. totally love

Snoopy von said...

Oh such beautiful cards! I love the background and the sequin placement on the first card and that shaker card is fabulous!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Tracey McNeely said...

Two absolutely cute cards Virginia, love the sweet shaker!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable cards, Virginia! Especially love the peep shaker with the bitty bow!! Always enjoy the creative light bulb feature too!!

Happy Dance said...

Darling Peeps cards, Virginia. You've created a wonderful background with them on your first card, and I love the shaker card too. Easter is just around the corner! Just so sweet. Bev

Lisa said...

These are darling Virginia and oozing with spring!!

Greta said...

I've never bought a kit, but you're making me want this one, Virginia! Bunnies have always been a favorite of mine, so I really love your sweet cards!

Nicole Parmentier said...

We don't know these 'Peeps' here in the Netherlands but I am sure that they are sweet, I can tell by the cards you made. So sweet and adorable!

Nora N. said...

Oh how CUTE!! I LOVE your fun peeps-especially the second card. FABULOUS design!!

Heidi Brawley said...

Those are both sooo darn cute!!! I bought the card kit for the 1st time and I just might use your layouts for my Easter cards!!! Love them both!!