Thursday, February 18, 2016

Simon Says Stamp New Release

Hello friends!
I am popping in to share a card that I made with the latest mini release from Simon Says Stamp.
You can see the entire release here
ss
For my project today, I am using these two new products:
Friendship Blooms Wafer Die and  Friendship Blooms
 
sending hugs and prayers
This lovely daffodil stamp set was designed by my friend Nina-Marie. I love the matching dies that come with the stamps. This CAS design really showcase the matching dies beautifully. 

 I stamped the daffodils in Duckling ink (my favorite yellow)  and colored them lightly with copics.
close-up
The addition of doily adds soft softness and also ground the images. I chose the serene message in this stamp set and thought it is fitting for my design. I have more cards with this stamp and die set.
Hope you are having a pleasant day!

15 comments:

Greta said...

Love the new stamps, doily, layout--everything! Wonderful card, Virginia!

Barb said...

I love how you added just a tiny piece of the doily, V! Your soft daffodils are so pretty! Gorgeous card! ♥

Ruby N said...

I wish spring was here!! :) So pretty and bright!

Susi Kelly said...

On a very chilly day, your sunny card reminds me that Spring is coming! Love the doily touch in the corner!

Karen B. said...

So pretty! Congratd on your Paper Smooches guest design spot!!

Clare said...

This is so gorgeous and soft! I love the doily bit at the bottom corner! Love love love!

Harriet said...

Oh, Virginia, the daffodils make me anxious for Spring. This card is lovely. I think anyone receiving this card will be so glad to see it.

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! I love how you used the bit of doily in the corner!

conil said...

Oh good, you used the daffodils...or daffy-dills, as my kids used to call them. They're my favorite (no surprise, since yellow is my color), carried them in my wedding bouquet, centuries ago. LOve how clean, simple and feminine this card is.

Diane Jaquay said...

Daffodils are my favorite flower and I love this new SSS set, your card is gorgeous, Virginia!

Pam said...

Beautiful card!

Lisa said...

I love that little snippet of doily you tucked your flowers into!! Very pretty card!

Pam Sparks said...

beautiful Virginia!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh Virginia, this card is so beautiful. This is my fav. set from Simon's release!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a lovely card, Virginia! Beautiful coloring on the daffodils and your doily is such a sweet touch! Love the thoughtful message, too!