Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge #354


wed-newchallenge-header 

Welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)

This week the challenge is...

Have a Heart

 We are using Reverse Confetti products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some, we love to see them used :-)

For my project, I used Petals and Posies and made two cards with the same theme.
This set comes with various size of solid flower stamps which I love. I first used a heart die and used the negative part as a mask. I stamped the colorful flowers with Simon Says Stamp Inks.
Thanks a bunch (Feb 3rd, SSS)
In order to give this card some "oomph", I stamped a leaf and flower and fussy cut them. With the silver strings (my favorite), I popped up the flowers and leaves for the extra dimensions. This nearly one layer was fun to create.

For my 2nd card, I stamped the flowers directly on the negative heart die. I experimented with color layering/mixing with the help of MISTI. I also added a layer of vellum (with tiny sequins inside!!). 
wishing you well

 I popped up the sentiment and added silver thread. They are addictive. LOL

I hope that you are inspired to use your heart stamps, punches and dies. 

As always, Simon Says Stamp will be giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px
So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog . If you haven't subscribed by email, you may want to do so you don't miss out.
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
You have until Wed. 8am Eastern Time to join in :-)
I hope you check out the DT's work!  I can't wait to see what you create!!
Thanks for stopping by! 


22 comments:

Karen B. said...

You blow me away with your talent, two amazing cards!

Annette Allen said...

beautiful cards..

Barb said...

Love your heart filled with flowers, V! And your second card is gorgeous too! ♥

Gloria Lee said...

So beautiful !

Jo Nevill said...

So beautiful and colourful Virginia, stunning x

Charlene said...

I LOVE visiting your blog Virginia, you are so inspiring with your beautiful cards, they are always so fresh and colorful!

Lin said...

Hearts and flowers - right up my alley, Virginia! Love both these bright happy creations!

conil said...

Crazy about that negative space stamping, it's awesome. And that sweet little shaker is darling.

Marcie Lovett said...

Came over from SSS to say how much I like the cards. That silver thread is fun!

Jane said...

beautiful cards Virginia.

Heather said...

A gorgeous cards Virginia, stunning coloured heart on the first and I just loive the beautiful colour combo on the second with a super design!!

hugs
Heather xx

AJ said...

love this!!

Harriet said...

These are superior cards, love the flower colors, love the silver thread too.

janelle winchcole said...

Hi Virginia, thanks for sharing you 2 very pretty cards. I love your use of the silver thread, it always gives the cards that extra dimension...I can see why it can become addictive! x

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful cards Virginia, I love those Reverse Confetti stamps! The way you built the heart full of flowers is amazing.

alexandra s.m. said...

I ♡ your ♥ cards my Friend!

Happy Dance said...

Two fabulous cards, Virginia! Love the first one with all those bright colors, and your second one with the vellum is a real treat. Wonderful valentine cards!! Bev

Lisa said...

Wow these are so pretty Virginia, love the second one!!

Dawn Turley said...

amazing. Nice to be able to use all the pieces

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia, both of them are so pretty! LOVE them! 😊
Luv
Lols X X X

Bashful said...

Two beautiful cards! I love how you created the mask, and then used it for your second card! All those bright flowers are gorgeous!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, Virginia...your cards are GORGEOUS!!! I love how you played with the positive and negative of the heart die, and how you stamped all the different sizes of flowers in this set...such happy color combos, too! Both cards are just beautiful!